April 18, 2024, 01:57:11 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Can't find the digital magazines the Nexus 7 came with  (Read 1254 times)

Derek

Can't find the digital magazines the Nexus 7 came with
« on: September 16, 2012, 02:37:07 AM »
When I first got the Nexus 7, it came with some digital magazines. One of them was Esquire and I think it had Bruce Willis on the cover. Another was some technology magazine. Another was some travel magazine. And there was one other I think.

I first used a Google account I already had. Then I made a new Google account to use just for the Nexus 7. I switched the Nexus 7 to that account. I didn't do a factory reset or anything like that. And I didn't delete the magazines.

I later looked for those digital magazines. I opened the Play Magazine app and they weren't there. I put the original Google account back in and switched it to that in the Play Magazine app. But still no magazines. It just says:

"Welcome!
Touch the shop icon above to browse Google Play's full catalog."

I didn't delete them or do a factory reset on the tablet. I wasn't entirely sure if the magazines were stored on the tablet before or if I was viewing them from a remote source like reading a web page. Do the magazines disappear after a number of days?

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Can't find the digital magazines the Nexus 7 came with
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 07:29:56 AM »
Open Google Play in a web browser on your tablet or a computer and sign into your Google account if prompted and when Play opens in your browser, you will see "My Music", "My Magazines" and others. Note this does not work in the Google Play App only the web version.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Derek

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 06:58:43 PM »
I'm gonna try that right now. I think that kind of rings a bell. There was a giant section of images on the home screen when I first got the tablet and I removed it from the home screen. When viewing the magazines I had, it was in some gallery interface. But there might have been something about using a browser. I'll see what I can find out.

EDIT: I logged in using Chrome. I used the first Google account I used on the tablet. Went to My Magazines and didn't see them there. Went to My Books and see three books, Alice's Adventures, The Three Musketeers, and Treasure Island. But when I first got the tablet and put my Google account on it, when it showed the magazines, it showed some book by Ludlum. I think it was one of the Bourne books. It didn't have the three books I'm seeing now.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 07:06:28 PM by Derek »

Derek

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 02:07:50 AM »
I contacted google and actually got a person on the phone who spoke clearly. He directed me to the magazines email contact page since it's just the magazines I want to get back. The ones that came with the tablet as preloaded content.

I remember deleting all the preloaded content music, the Transformers movie, and I think the Robert Ludlum book. But I'm honestly certain I did not delete the magazines. I remember seeing them and setting each one to download and skimming through a few of them. And I remember wanting to save them for later. I want to read them to see what it's like reading magazines on the tablet. If I enjoy it enough, I may consider getting more from the Google Play store.

I'll see what happens.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts