March 28, 2024, 10:12:51 AM

collapse

Author Topic: In need of dire Help!  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Cellside

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
In need of dire Help!
« on: September 13, 2012, 06:03:35 PM »
Hey guys, I'm new to the site and apologize for not introducing myself properly in the the introductory section,but I messed up bad and I want to see if anyone here can help me out or least point me in the right direction, so here goes, I have a Nexus 7(Unlocked,Rooted,was Running CM10 M1 with stock CM Kernel - Recovery CWM) and today the GPS was acting really weird it was marking my location in far off places like China,Spain and Korea when I live right here in the States. Any who I go into my recovery and I decided to clear my data,cache,dalvik cache(to see if wiping it would reset my GPS) and this is where I messed up,I went into mounts and started to format Data,Cache and System. I didn't realize that it would wipe the OS from the tablet(my mistake but now i know what not to do in the future :D), So now my N7 will boot up fine but its just stuck at the Google screen with the unlocked boot loader icon. Is there any way I can re install the OS back to my N7 or am I outta luck and have buy a new one? Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: In need of dire Help!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 07:33:29 PM »
I am on my phone, so I can only give you general directions, but the one click root tool, in my guide to rooting in our forum will allow you to install the original factory image. If you cannot figure it out, be patient and post back and I can give you more specific directions tomorrow.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Cellside

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 07:59:21 PM »
Thanks I'll look into that! If I'm unsuccessful I'll post back that I failed

Offline Cellside

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 10:45:04 PM »
Success! , thanks to you and the root tool kit and playing around with the kit, I managed to flash stock and unroot then root it and flash custom recovery in a matter of minutes, now I'm back on cm10 and I learned something new today.

Thanks again for the info and advice, I thought for sure my device was a goner.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 03:12:23 AM »
Great news Cellside, as you have discovered with the factory image provided by Google, it is almost impossible to brick your Nexus 7 when rooting or loading ROMs. Although it may require some advanced knowledge to restore your tablet If you do hose the operating system.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline norcal618

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 12:29:47 PM »
Ha ha. I remember when I did that. Accidentally erased the whole OS from my beloved n7. I was freaking out and thought I bricked my tablet. I used the same method to fix mine. Haven't done it since.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman