March 28, 2024, 05:31:07 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Tune in radio app  (Read 4505 times)

Offline jimbethel

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Tune in radio app
« on: September 20, 2012, 05:15:01 PM »
I am unable to get this app to work with more than a few stations on my Android Nexus 7 although I can access many stations on my IOS iPod Touch (3rd generation).
Have contacted Tune in support and their only suggestion seems to be uninstall/reinstall.
Have any here note a marked difference in the performance of this app on IOS and Android devices.
Thanks,
Jim

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Tune in radio app
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 05:54:21 PM »
I have the Tuned in app on my phone, but honestly I don't use it much, but I will install it on my Nexus 7 and give you some feedback, if someone fails to post any information.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 03:32:05 PM »
I am unable to get this app to work with more than a few stations on my Android Nexus 7 although I can access many stations on my IOS iPod Touch (3rd generation).
Have contacted Tune in support and their only suggestion seems to be uninstall/reinstall.
Have any here note a marked difference in the performance of this app on IOS and Android devices.
Thanks,
Jim

Tune In was one of the first apps I installed on my N7.  I haven't had any problems at all listening to my stations.  I have occasionally lost the stream, but it was always due to dropping my WIFI connection.  I have the paid version.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline jimbethel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 12:35:48 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I have tried the free and the paid versions and see no difference. Most days I can't get any stations to stream--even the "recommended" stations. The list of stations seems far greater to me than the actual stations that stream.  Strange because the free version continues to work well on my iPod Touch. No further response from the developer.

JayJ

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 12:44:00 PM »
Have you tried clearing the data and force stopping the app?

Or clearing the data, uninstalling and reinstalling?

Works great here in the UK...

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 11:03:18 AM »
Is it always the same stations that don't stream?  Do the stations sometimes work and then quit?  Do the stations work on time and then not work the next time you play them?  Could you list one or two stations that don't stream.  We could test streaming on our machines
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline jimbethel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 01:00:44 PM »
Thanks to all for your replies and suggestions regarding my problem with the Tune in app (free and paid) on my Nexus 7 tablet. I have tried clearing the data, force stop, and uninstalling/reinstalling  and am not able to connect with any stations. The screen says "opening" and after about a minute "could not connect to stream".
Yet I have no trouble opening stations on the IOS version on my iPod Touch.
Some of the stations that open almost immediately on my Touch but not at all on the N7 include San Diego radio stations like the following: Jazz 88 (88.3 FM), KPBS (89.5 FM), and 1090 AM (Sports XX). Distant stations like WETA (90.9) in Washington
DC and WBZ (1030 AM) in Boston also load quickly on my Touch but never connect on my N7.
I have looked at the settings and they seem the same on both devices. I have signed in to Tunein and that allows saving favorites on the Touch but doesn't help with connecting on the N7.
At this point I think I will use another radio app on the N7. Thanks again for all your efforts.
Best wishes,
Jim

JayJ

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »
Obviously this isn't going to help but it cannot not be an N7 issue or others would suffer the same problems, we appreciate you asking this N7 community but have you tried doing a Google search?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 05:37:03 PM by JayJ »

Offline jimbethel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 05:17:07 PM »
Hi JayJ,
I found the Nexus 7 forum after trying to solve my problem with Tunein after doing a Google search and contacting the developer. I appreciate that others are having success with the app on their N7.
The developer's most recent email to me says they are experiencing an "unusually high volume of email." Perhaps I am not alone.
Best wishes,
Jim

JayJ

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 05:39:36 PM »
Thanks for the reply Jim, maybe there are others and I hope you can get this problem resolved soon.
Please don't hold this lack of response against the forum, it's a great community we are building up here and if you need help with anything else on your Nexus 7 we''re all here to help.

JayJ

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts