April 18, 2024, 11:56:56 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Question about the screen..  (Read 3262 times)

Offline kegomatix

• Popularity: -1
    • View Profile
Question about the screen..
« on: September 21, 2012, 08:12:02 AM »
So I've read a few things online about touch screen sensitivity degrading during use. I'm having the same issue, and it is insanely annoying how unresponsive the screen becomes.

My question is, have they or do they plan on correcting this through either a software update later or replacing the unit? I haven't been able to find anything about what they actually plan on doing about this. I love my N7 but damn, I'm probably going to get rid of it if nothing is done.

Offline Trankster

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Question about the screen..
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 09:10:30 AM »
I have not noticed it much on my Nexus 7, but it did happen sometimes on my Android phone (HTC Incredible 2).  When I notice the lag in screen response, I use the Cache Cleaner Pro app which seems to solve the problem.  I also watch for how much memory has been used and get rid of any apps I don't use or need.

Offline kegomatix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 10:09:23 AM »
I'll give that a go. But it isn't just a lag in responsiveness, it's completely unresponsive.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 03:20:09 PM »
Does the lag or unresponsiveness occur when using the keyboard and if so what keyboard do you use? I was having problems with Swiftkey and had to get rid of it to fix my unresponsive periods. I also noticed if I was multitasking with downloads that it would occur sometimes. Google currents can also be a culprit. If you go into the settings of Currents and uncheck the background sync that helps.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 03:22:46 PM by bjs229 »

Offline Omgitsjoe

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Question about the screen..
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 04:10:33 AM »
I'll give that a go. But it isn't just a lag in responsiveness, it's completely unresponsive.

This has happens to me as well. Whether its typing or play in one of the games no matter how hard I press the screen .... nothing. I didn't realize or was cognizant as to when it started occurring ?

After reading this thread I'm thinking back now and yes it may had indeed starting happening after prolonged use.

Offline kegomatix

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 05:38:11 AM »
It is usually when I have played a game for maybe 10 minutes. I don't know if anyone here has played Osmos, but it makes it almost impossible. The game will run smooth as can be, but when I tap the screen, nothing. I will then tap frantically and maybe out of 10 hits I'll get a response from three or so of them. I have to exit the game, restart the device, and start over. It works fine again for a little while.

Offline kegomatix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 08:35:33 AM »
Aaannd now it is just doing things without me even touching the screen... This is getting worse everyday I think it is time to call Google.

JayJ

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 10:37:23 AM »
It's not normal so I think your right, it is time to call Google. Let us know how you get on...

Offline silvercue

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 09:35:16 AM »
I have had this problem plaguing my use of the Nexus.

I have already had to return one which had screen lift (I could live with that) and then total screen failure afetr intermittent failures.

I had this problem to a degree on that Nexus.  My new one suffers from it every single day - even if I have had hardly any apps running.  I wonder if it is heat related, but it doesn't feel hot.  Makes some games impossible to play sometimes.

Offline strollin

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 11:26:20 AM »
I've encountered it a couple of times.  When it has happened to me I simply did a power off/power on cycle and it worked fine after that.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman