March 28, 2024, 07:13:41 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 does not turn on  (Read 4757 times)

Offline Mirh

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 does not turn on
« on: September 21, 2012, 04:53:24 AM »
A month after purchasing my Nexus 7, I found that it won't start. In frustration I left it and decided to go to the shop to seek assistance. In the meantime I looked for help in the forums but did not find anything convincing. At about 5pm I went to the shop. The shop assistant turned the switch on and the Nexus 7 started working. He advised me not to charge it overnight or for  long hours as the battery gets jammed when it is over charged. I found that as I left it on for a few hours, it discharged some power and therefore it was ready to turn on. Since then I've been using it for another month without any further problems. So I hope this story might help other people who are having trouble  turning their nexus on.
Mirh.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:21:44 PM by Mirh »

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 does not turn on
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 09:08:56 AM »
Hmmm, don't charge it over night huh??  I'm wondering if others charge over night; I have been for a while now.  Ill advised??

radio
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline Omgitsjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 02:03:57 AM »
I am constantly charging mine with no issues at all ?!

Offline elbryo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 11:29:04 AM »
I had the same problem two days after I bought mine.  I took awhile, but it eventually came up.  All was well for a couple of days, and then it happened again.  I checked this out on the internet, and one guy said that, if you hold the power button on for up to 30 seconds, it will come on.  He was correct.  The 30-second routine became the norm for awhile, and then all was well.

I called the tech folks at Google.  They described this as a problem.  Had I bought it from them, they would have replaced it.  I checked with Gamestop (where I bought mine) and had no problem replacing it.  I am a newby to this forum and pads, but I have been an electronics tech for over 35 years, and was concerned that, one day, the thing wouldn't come up at all and be out of warranty.  My advice to anyone having this issue is to replace it.

By the way, mone was a 16GB with a serial number that started with C80KBC.  So does the replacement, so I have my fingers crossed!

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 06:03:12 PM »
I sometimes leave the cord attached all night with no apparent problems.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman