April 16, 2024, 02:59:08 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Screen Lift!  (Read 3089 times)

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Screen Lift!
« on: September 22, 2012, 10:16:04 PM »
Wow! I never really looked that closely but I felt my nail catch something tonight and I have screen lift! Outside of that little flicker I thought I had a nearly perfect unit. My screen is raised on the left side just above the bezel. It is hardly noticeable but when you look its there. I spoke with Asus and they want me to send it in. They said it could be 14 business days to get it back. There is no way I am sending this thing away for three weeks now.  I think I am going to wait until some of these problems are dealt with and the units are being shipped clean of defects. I am stunned right now. I thought I looked this thing over with a fine tooth comb.
I hate the thought of not having this thing for weeks after just getting it. Damn. I feel like the guy in Platoon that says " I never thought l'd get hit"...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 10:30:09 PM by bjs229 »

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Screen Lift!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 09:50:53 AM »
This must have happened over time because I have checked numerous times for lift. I have had my tab over a month now.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 11:29:06 AM »
Tough break bjs!

I sure hope this doesn't start showing up on any more folks tabs!  I'm thinking it's just a hit or miss type thing and that the next one you get will last as long as you have it...
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline 94lt1

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 11:33:11 AM »
Idk a lot about the issue, but perhaps the screws weren't correctly tightened, or they could've been tightened in the wrong sequence, which can make certain screws not get to their correct torque spec... then the constant flex and push and pull against those screws from just handling it could make the screws start to back out..

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
Idk a lot about the issue, but perhaps the screws weren't correctly tightened, or they could've been tightened in the wrong sequence, which can make certain screws not get to their correct torque spec... then the constant flex and push and pull against those screws from just handling it could make the screws start to back out..

That would be good, as that would be an easy and permanent solution for Asus.   

BTW, welcome to the forum 94lt1!  (cryptic nick!)
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 07:55:55 PM »
I am considering opening it up and trying to fix it myself. I am just worried about breaking the clips.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Screen Lift!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 07:59:20 PM »
I am considering opening it up and trying to fix it myself. I am just worried about breaking the clips.

Don't do it you could void your warranty

Offline 94lt1

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Screen Lift!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 08:49:56 PM »

That would be good, as that would be an easy and permanent solution for Asus.   

BTW, welcome to the forum 94lt1!  (cryptic nick!)

Thanx :)

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts