March 28, 2024, 05:42:26 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Invisible shield  (Read 7499 times)

Offline chilinmichael

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Invisible shield
« on: September 23, 2012, 04:21:58 PM »
So,

I've gone through 2 invisible shields already, one I tried at home and I have a cat so, yeah... Cat hair kept getting under it during install. Take the new one elsewhere, and no matter how hard I try, something always gets under it.  I have the tablet in a SUPCase, so I almost think this is too tedious and going go give up. Thoughts? Everyone else's experience?

Offline comiskeybum

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Invisible shield
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 05:47:26 PM »
I'm not using a screen protector. My case closes over the screen so I don't see a point.
Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

Offline 94lt1

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 09:22:16 PM »
I use the military shield on mine. I don't like the sticky feel of the zagg..

For a good install, go into your bathroom, turn on the shower. Get it hot and steamy in there. Peel off the old one, wipe down the screen real fast, then apply..

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 07:55:37 PM »
I just got the Military Shield for mine.  Does it leave a sticky feel on the device?
Droid OG (Retired), Droid 2 (Retired), Droid 3(Retired), Droid X (Retired), Droid X2 (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked, Undervoltaged), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Stock)
Nexus 7 (Unlocked, Rooted, Undervoltaged)
Please click "Thumbs up" if somebody posts something helpf

Offline paxham

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 03:25:20 PM »
Mine works pretty well, though it is tricky to apply.  I recommend watching the Youtube video instructions.  There are minor flaws in the result, but overall I am happy with it.  No, it is not sticky after applying.  The touch response of the screen is very good, perfect when I am using a stylus.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 06:55:01 PM »
Invisible my rear end. IMHO. You need to be a professional installing these things 10 hrs a day to be good at it. It seems dust and air are inevitable.

Offline chilinmichael

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 10:38:48 PM »
Yes, dust and air is literally inevitable.  There's not even perfection on my Galaxy S3 InvisibleShield HD, but, I can't see a single issue when the screen is on, and that's what matters to me.  With the Nexus 7, it was always too much that could be seen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Tbone60

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 05:19:58 PM »
I just got a zagg at Best Buy yesterday. I just paid them to put it on. They did a great job on my iPhone 5  ;)

Offline MrFound

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 06:37:03 AM »
mine i perfect. i installed it in my gf bathroom(she has no pets, i have a pomeranian) and i have to say my shield looks awesome. it was sticky only the first day.
the only bad thing about it is that after application you need to turn the tablet off and leave it that way from 12 to 24 hours.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 06:52:33 AM »
Forget that crap. Just buy a gumdrop case or the otter box when it comes out and be done with it. They have built in screen protectors in the case that are so much better than any cling on style.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 08:56:29 AM by fxsarge »

Offline MrFound

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 02:19:08 AM »
the otterbox looks a lil bulky tho...i don't really like it. gum drop is better, but if for some reason you have to take it out the cover your screen is vulnerable. i realize that i'm probably overthinking lol but better safe than sorry

Offline chilinmichael

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 04:05:47 PM »
Update: Actually ended up with a good one, better than Invisible Shield IMO, Tech Armor shield HD.  $7 for pack of 3.  Went on in seconds, and my tablet was usable right away.  So good infact, I ordered for my S3 cause the Invisible Shield on there has orange peel.  I will never again be spending $30 on a Zagg product.  They scratch easily, and their "lifetime" warranty includes you paying for shipping and a "small" fee which equals what 3 of these in total cost. 

Offline MrFound

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 04:07:30 PM »
oh wow :o i'm glad you found a good alternative ;)
mine is still doing great :)

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 05:13:23 PM »
When I apply translucent vinyl for sign work, one trick I use. Put a few drops of clear dishwashing detergent into about a cup of warm water and froth it up. Use a little of the suds only to apply the film and work out air bubbles. When it dries it will be unnoticeable. To reduce static, wipe the screen with a slightly damp lint free cotton cloth, a tee shirt will work. Make sure the tablet is completely shut down, as even a little charge to the screen will cause static which will attract dust. To work out the air bubbles use the transfer sheet and some soft plastic or an eraser to avoid scratches. (Squeegie)
To remove a bit of dirt or hair, lift part of the film back up and wet that area with the suds. Then use your fingernail or an exacto knife to carefully scrape the object away. The suds also help make the film repositionable. A humid day or bathroom also cuts down on static and floating particles. Even when peeling the transfer sheet I've seen dust jump to the vinyl, so wipe it with the damp cloth before peeling as well. If the transfer sheet is paper, don't get it wet. Just the film.

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

Offline flowerpower2016

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 03:02:46 AM »
Invisible my rear end. IMHO. You need to be a professional installing these things 10 hrs a day to be good at it. It seems dust and air are inevitable.
I use the belkin smudgeless glare proof one and I nailed it first try. It was thirty bucks though. I wiped it down with the cloth. Then they give a sticker you press and impress on the screen to get the little stuff. Then you UN peel the tab1 and put it on there and smooth it with the card they supply. not all bubbles come out at that point but then like magic when u peel off the 2 tab there are no bubbles and it s perfect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts