March 28, 2024, 07:50:34 AM

collapse

Author Topic: DirecTV viewing  (Read 2060 times)

Offline Dogdare

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
DirecTV viewing
« on: September 24, 2012, 07:40:13 PM »
Have been a DirecTV customer for years and years. Thought I'd try to see what I could see on my N7. I downloaded the DirecTV Experience app, and it opens fine, and I can watch TV show previews and movie previews just fine. When I try to view the same show or movie, I get a pop-up that says "Unfortunately, DIRECTV has stopped" and then gives me the choice to click on Report or OK.

So, I think to myself, maybe I'm not signed in on DirecTV. I go to their website (via Google Chrome), click on the Sign In link, and then I get a "The site's security certificate is not trusted." If I clink on the Proceed Anyway option, nothing happens.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Herb

Offline Dogdare

• View Profile
Re: DirecTV viewing
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 07:25:37 PM »
Here's the meat of the response I got from DirecTV. Not much of a response.

"Currently, DIRECTV Everywhere services are not supported on Android powered tablets.  As many of these services are compatible on Android powered phones, you may have the ability to download the app to your tablet, but it's functionality cannot be guaranteed since the app is not configured for the tablet.

DIRECTV continues to focus on improving the DIRECTV Everywhere service and expanding it's availability to more devices, however, at this time there is no timeframe available for release on any specific device or groups of devices."

Herb

JayJ

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 12:46:27 AM »
Sounds just the same as BSkyB's attitude here in the UK...

:(

Offline Dogdare

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 08:26:32 PM »
You think they would at least string a customer along with something like "we're working hard to get the capability to Nexus 7 users..."

Herb

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts