March 28, 2024, 09:26:57 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 General Questions  (Read 1461 times)

Offline dpatrick

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 General Questions
« on: September 27, 2012, 01:43:27 PM »
Hey I just had a few simple questions for the Nexus 7. I just got mine and because of storage issues and until I go for the USB Flash drive trick, I've been using a dropbox to store different files. When I open these files, do they download off the dropbox itself onto my Nexus 7?

Also, when I do download something off the internet on my Nexus 7, is there a way to make a folder to store certain files on the N7? I don't like a mess of files just in the downloads section.

JayJ

Re: Nexus 7 General Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 03:26:49 PM »
Depends on the files, you can stream both music files and movies from Dropbox. You can also side load apps from Dropbox without them being on your device too.
To download to your N7 you need to select Export and then Save to SD, if not then it shouldn't be imported to your Nexus 7.

Offline davesmith4

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 08:01:32 AM »
I just purchased a Nexus 7 for my wife (wish I had one), but I can't get the wallpaper to resize itself to the screen.  My wife wants a picture of our kids as her wallpaper, but we can only see a portion of the picture without scrolling left and right.  I have the same picture as wallpaper on my Galaxy III phone, and my phone automatically resizes the picture.  Is there a way to do it on the Nexus 7.

Thanks

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 02:42:11 PM »
When you select the wallpaper option there is a sizing icon that appears. You then can manipulate /stretch or move what to show. It takes some practice to constrain photos sometimes.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman