March 28, 2024, 12:48:27 PM

collapse

Author Topic: My GOOGLE NEXUS 7 EXPERIENCE .  (Read 2415 times)

Offline ericarenee

• Popularity: 0
  • Geeky Chic's Rule.
    • View Profile
My GOOGLE NEXUS 7 EXPERIENCE .
« on: September 27, 2012, 08:20:51 PM »
I HOPE its ok to post this here if not please move to the correct place . This is just my story and very similar to many i have read on the other forums and web sites.  thanks for reading

My google experience
I pre ordered the google nexus 7 on the day the went on sale. One week after they started shipping  i sent google a email asking them when mine would ship. I was told within a week. Two weeks later i  call them to see what is up. As at this point my account was charged for the device. They tell me shipping any day. Two days later i see on my wallet account as google nexus 16 gb ORDER CANCELED BY SELLER.
  So i call google back and ask what is up. they said it was a computer issue. And that i would have to reorder. At this time they where backorderd for up to 4-6 weeks on the 8 gb  . OUT OF STOCK ON 16. So i ordered the 8 gb version. After a week i received it. Two weeks later i start seeing lines on the screen when you hold it on the left side of the screen as well as the screen moving.
 I CALL GOOGLE BACK . they tell me that I can send it back and DO A advance replacmeent exchange. I tell them im not having my money put on hold. I will send it back in a few weeks and just reorder another device when they receive it. 
So i decided to just order the device and send this back into them when i receive the new device. .
Its now the end of Aug the new device comes in the mail . It comes in with a CRACKED SCREEN . SO not 30 minutes after usp drops the device off i call GOOGLE YET AGAIN. TO GET A RMA for the brand new replacement device. I GET THAT JUST FINE.Send google this device that i only had for 30 minutes in my posession. still at this time holding on the original device as its still working . you just cant push on the left side of screen. GOOGLE Recieved the device on the 5th  of september.  Since then i have had several phone calls and exchange of emails. Being told that the device i sent them back was the original device and they WOULD NOT ISSUE A REFUND OR REPLACE THE DEVICE. STATING THAT i would have to prove what device i sent in. They have it so i have no way of doing so . Other then they can see what device is being used and connected to my google wallet. They understand and can see this so im told. But still refuse to help me in any way. So now today on 9/27 I contact them for the last time and demand i get a RMA to send the original device back to them as proof that it was not the one they keep saying they have. SO NOW GOOGLE HAS ALL OF MY MONEY BOTH OF MY DEVICES .  AND COULD CARE LESS ABOUT ME AS A CUSTOMER

Its my Nexus 7 Get your own. They Will make more..

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: My GOOGLE NEXUS 7 EXPERIENCE .
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 09:53:33 PM »
That is a brutal customer service story. I hope it works out for you.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 11:10:25 PM »
Sorry you're going through that ericarenee.  Not exactly sure what to say except I hope they get their customer service in gear and fix the situation.

BFM
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline Omgitsjoe

• View Profile
Re: Re: My GOOGLE NEXUS 7 EXPERIENCE .
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 01:36:49 AM »
I HOPE its ok to post this here if not please move to the correct place . This is just my story and very similar to many i have read on the other forums and web sites.  thanks for reading

My google experience
I pre ordered the google nexus 7 on the day the went on sale. One week after they started shipping  i sent google a email asking them when mine would ship. I was told within a week. Two weeks later i  call them to see what is up. As at this point my account was charged for the device. They tell me shipping any day. Two days later i see on my wallet account as google nexus 16 gb ORDER CANCELED BY SELLER.
  So i call google back and ask what is up. they said it was a computer issue. And that i would have to reorder. At this time they where backorderd for up to 4-6 weeks on the 8 gb  . OUT OF STOCK ON 16. So i ordered the 8 gb version. After a week i received it. Two weeks later i start seeing lines on the screen when you hold it on the left side of the screen as well as the screen moving.
 I CALL GOOGLE BACK . they tell me that I can send it back and DO A advance replacmeent exchange. I tell them im not having my money put on hold. I will send it back in a few weeks and just reorder another device when they receive it. 
So i decided to just order the device and send this back into them when i receive the new device. .
Its now the end of Aug the new device comes in the mail . It comes in with a CRACKED SCREEN . SO not 30 minutes after usp drops the device off i call GOOGLE YET AGAIN. TO GET A RMA for the brand new replacement device. I GET THAT JUST FINE.Send google this device that i only had for 30 minutes in my posession. still at this time holding on the original device as its still working . you just cant push on the left side of screen. GOOGLE Recieved the device on the 5th  of september.  Since then i have had several phone calls and exchange of emails. Being told that the device i sent them back was the original device and they WOULD NOT ISSUE A REFUND OR REPLACE THE DEVICE. STATING THAT i would have to prove what device i sent in. They have it so i have no way of doing so . Other then they can see what device is being used and connected to my google wallet. They understand and can see this so im told. But still refuse to help me in any way. So now today on 9/27 I contact them for the last time and demand i get a RMA to send the original device back to them as proof that it was not the one they keep saying they have. SO NOW GOOGLE HAS ALL OF MY MONEY BOTH OF MY DEVICES .  AND COULD CARE LESS ABOUT ME AS A CUSTOMER

Unbelievable !! In this day and age where competition is fierce in this market a large company would treat any customer this way. I would ask to speak to their supervisor and once you get hold of him/ her ask for his/her manager . You're wasting your time with 1st level so called customer support. Good luck !!

JayJ

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 03:44:21 AM »
That really is the pits in customer service, I've heard some bad stories before but that takes the biscuit.
Sorry to hear of your terrible experience and I hope you get it sorted soon.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 05:14:40 AM »
What a disaster, I would agree, as suggested, ask for a supervisor and if it is not resolved, then go to your credit card company and challenge the charge.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline jrdouce

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 06:18:23 AM »
That's terrible. My order and fulfillment was seamless, but I've had issues in the past. 

I assume you ordered with a credit card?  Have you tried contacting your credit card company?  Some card companies have pretty good customer purchase support.

Once when I had an issue with purchase, I disputed the charge, although it was a legitimate charge.  This cause the claim to be flagged and reviewed by someone higher up in the vendors support organization, who was able to resolve my issue.

Good luck.  I'm loving my Nexus 7.  I hope you get the opportunity to enjoy yours.

Customer support.  "We're not satisfied until you're not satisfied."

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 08:24:36 AM »
Lol that's nothing compared to asus, they'll f*** you six ways to Sunday. Go over to the transformer forums and read their horror stories.

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 09:10:12 AM »
I have had poor experiences with both Google and ASUS !!

Google took 3 weeks to refund me on a Nexus 7 I ordered and then tried to cancel, in the end having to refuse delivery.

With ASUS I had a faulty Transformer Prime which I sent back for RMA only to not receive it back after 6 weeks, and then being told I could have a full refund. This took another 2 months and then they ended up refunding me £25 less due to exchange rates - refunded from Taiwan in Euros, not GBP.

Contacted ASUS and was told there was nothing they could do as I had completed the forms on a day when the exchange rate was  less than when the refund was done.

Never gonna buy another ASUS product.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 09:12:23 AM by CBers »

Offline ericarenee

• Geeky Chic's Rule.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 09:12:22 AM »
Thanks everyone. Today i sent them over night the 8 gb tablet. with a huge letter in the box. as well as im sending  6 letters to different google corp addresses. with all the emails between me and google play devices. .The manager at my bank  also has all of this information . She says two days after they receive the 8 gb device back to come back in and she will file a FRAUD Case. She does not want to just do a grievance. Because that goes into mediation. fraud claim will get VISA involved . She tells me there are many against google for this very same thing.

I JUST want to add this is not a GOOGLE/ ANDROID ISSUE . Its a issue with the google play/ devices corp. A SUB Corporation of google  . nothing to do with Android or the company as a whole.. its just there device selling practices.. 

Its my Nexus 7 Get your own. They Will make more..

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman