March 28, 2024, 08:15:38 PM

collapse

Author Topic: App for security album ?  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Omgitsjoe

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
App for security album ?
« on: September 28, 2012, 10:17:16 PM »
Hey im very new with the Nexus and was wondering what and if there is any app or tight security regarding having pictures on the Nexus ?? I enjoy photography and my wife has been my primary model and I do enjoy viewing them from time to time though I want and need these hidden for the obvious reasons ???
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 10:31:23 PM by Omgitsjoe »

JayJ

Re: App for security album ?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 11:54:34 PM »
You have various options, as your asking I'm assuming you don't use a pattern, PIN or Password lock on your N7 or you do but your asking in case you let people view your N7 and want to hidden specifically those pictures.
So other than those security features you could create a .nomedia in the album, what this does is simply stop the pictures showing up in your Gallery application. Now this can still be bypassed by a file explorer in which you could view the pictures.
Alternatively you could disable the stock Gallery app and install a 3rd party Gallery app like Quickpic in which you can either hide folders or password protect hidden folders, that way none of your folders containing the pictures in question would show in the Gallery unless you opened the settings and chose to "show hidden folders".
Finally you could install an app like Hide it Pro from the Google Play store.

Hope that helps, now if I send you my email address..... jkn ;)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:56:48 PM by JayJ »

Offline Omgitsjoe

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Re: App for security album ?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 05:48:14 AM »
You have various options, as your asking I'm assuming you don't use a pattern, PIN or Password lock on your N7 or you do but your asking in case you let people view your N7 and want to hidden specifically those pictures.
So other than those security features you could create a .nomedia in the album, what this does is simply stop the pictures showing up in your Gallery application. Now this can still be bypassed by a file explorer in which you could view the pictures.
Alternatively you could disable the stock Gallery app and install a 3rd party Gallery app like Quickpic in which you can either hide folders or password protect hidden folders, that way none of your folders containing the pictures in question would show in the Gallery unless you opened the settings and chose to "show hidden folders".
Finally you could install an app like Hide it Pro from the Google Play store.

Hope that helps, now if I send you my email address..... jkn ;)

Jay I do have a lock on my N7 but I've quickly realized that anyone borrowing or checking my new N7 ( it being new a lot of my buddies do want to browse it or compare to their own IPad ) can easily go into the Gallery where I more than once was actually embarrassed with a " oppppsss you shouldn't had seen that " picture right there in the screen :) I appreciate your detailed response and assistance and will look into Quickpic or Hide It Pro :)

PS send me your email by the way ;) juuuust teasing !

JayJ

Re: App for security album ?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 07:21:06 AM »
LOL

Your welcome mate and email in PM coming your way....jkn ;)

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman