April 16, 2024, 01:58:44 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Hi. Nexus 7 is great but ...  (Read 1273 times)

Offline davros1973

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Hi. Nexus 7 is great but ...
« on: September 29, 2012, 03:43:07 AM »
Hi.  I'm a diagnosed Aspie from Stockport, UK, and I adore my Nexus 7 (had for about 3 and a bit weeks I think, now - as on 29th Sep 2012).

One thing is driving me crazy however.  I live in the UK. I use my Nexus 7 with a MiFi (over 3G) when out and about. I want to use a bluetooth headset to be able to walk along, chatting to my friend in Australia.  How can I do this? I can't seem to find evidence that anybody has this functionality working.  I wrote to Google - they just reaffirmed the profiles and wouldn't suggest a device or an App but implied it would work.  So I bought a Plantronics M20 (Bluetooth 3, HFP 1.5) just to match absolutely the suggested specs. It pairs fine.  I haven't rooted and do not wish to root my Nexus 7.  I am registering on this forum specifically about this (hence including in my introduction also).  I just want to know which app will work correctly with routing the mic and earpiece audio to/from my HFP 1.5 bluetooth headset. Not hypothetically.  Not incorrectly identified by confusing headset mic non-pick-up with the very good internal mics.  Does anyone actually know?  I get the impression nobody actually really knows.  I will try Groove IP again (last time tested was with bluetooth 2.1 and although it did "work" calling my home landline phone the sound quality was atrocious and I'm not sure how well it suits my needs - from memory [I want a non-tariff app to app solution]).  Grrrr.  :) 

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Hi. Nexus 7 is great but ...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 05:13:10 AM »
Just put the Bluetooth headset in discovery mode and sync. Your problem is that your trying to make phone calls with a tablet. You can try tablet talk if you have am android phone. Some people do it using a Google voice number but no one knows who you are then and you can't receive calls.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 10:19:03 AM »
Welcome to the forum davros1973, I have never used my Nexus 7 from voice communication, but hopefully you will find the resolution that you are seeking.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

JayJ

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 11:38:15 AM »
Welcome to the forum davros1973.

I've moved this topic from introductions to the help sub-forum, hopefully you'll get more interest in your thread there.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman