March 28, 2024, 07:59:52 AM

collapse

Author Topic: guess what i just learned  (Read 1852 times)

Offline PieceKeeper

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
guess what i just learned
« on: September 29, 2012, 03:50:57 PM »
Google Play does not support foreign country movie downloads or rentals in your home language!  I'm over in Germany and wanted to rent some movies for the return flight to the States.  But, Google forces all titles to be in german.  There is no user option to change language to english.  I called Google tech support and they confirmed this:  my rental options are restricted based on location.

Google, you are lame!   Now I've got to watch some crappy airplane choice movie in low res.
Google, are you scanning this post?  Change this policy!  Disclose this up front so that I can choose to make other plans so that I don't have to patronize your crappy Google Play store!

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
Re: guess what i just learned
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 09:50:38 AM »
Google Play does not support foreign country movie downloads or rentals in your home language!  I'm over in Germany and wanted to rent some movies for the return flight to the States.  But, Google forces all titles to be in german.  There is no user option to change language to english.  I called Google tech support and they confirmed this:  my rental options are restricted based on location.

Google, you are lame!   Now I've got to watch some crappy airplane choice movie in low res.
Google, are you scanning this post?  Change this policy!  Disclose this up front so that I can choose to make other plans so that I don't have to patronize your crappy Google Play store!

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this forum isn't affiliated with Google.  Complaining here is unlikely to result in any action from anyone: including Google, Ford, Apple, Samsung, Kim Kommando or the government.  I think you would be more likely to get a policy changed by contacting Google and politely submitting your suggestion.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline chaikenj

• Popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: guess what i just learned
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 12:26:56 AM »
Hey, there are copyright laws that differ from country to country.  Google can't help you violate the laws of the country you are in.  In the old days of DVDs, you couldn't by a movie on DVD in Germany if it was marked "for sale in the US only".

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman