2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Root, Hacks, Mods And Development

What's your favorite nex7 ROM?

(1/6) > >>

norcal618:
Hi all. I've had my n7 since july. I rooted & unlocked almost right out f the box and I love this tablet dearly. Its by far my favorite gadget. Even better than my iPhone, by a long shot. Lol. I'm looking for suggestions for a great ROM. I played around with several at first until a came upon xenon HD about a month or so ago. This ROM has been great to me. Smooth, functional, customizable. All though xenon HD has been the bomb, I'm getting bored with it and ready to try something else. I would love for you guys to tell me your favorite nexus 7 ROMs and what you like about them. I'm thinking about flashing smooth ROM and giving the tablet ui a try. So please let me know which ROM is the best guys! Thanks :)

norcal618:
Come on! Nobody?

Xjeepguy:
Codename android.  I've tried others,  I keep coming back to this.

JayJ:
If yoi want something different then try Paranoid Android,  avialable on XDA and rootzwiki.

norcal618:
Thanks for your replies guys. Paranoid is actually the first ROM I ran on this tablet. Code name android sounds very promising. For now I went with smooth ROM and I'm utilizing the Franco kernel along with it. I opted out of the optional tablet ui because of reported bugs. I went ahead and lowered my DPI to 160 which gives me a kind of hybrid ui along with nova launcher. The ROM itself is very basic containing absolutely no ROM settings or tweaks within itself. Its very close to stock. That being said I am very happy with performance. As the ROMs name suggests it is very smooth. No lag or hiccup at all. I ran a quadrant benchmark and came in just under 5000 without any tweaks to the kernel. With the DPI lowered to 160 it makes things appear very small on screen. Im contemplating flashing the tablet UI patch but I'm not sure if this ROM is supported. If anyone has info on that please share. I would still like to ask you guys, my fellow n7 users to please still let me know what your favorite ROMs are.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version