March 28, 2024, 04:12:52 AM

collapse

Author Topic: VOICE / AUDIO  (Read 882 times)

Offline JONBOY58

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
VOICE / AUDIO
« on: September 28, 2012, 12:50:23 PM »
I've installed the Google Translate app and checked that my settings are correct to allow audio playback of the translations, but the "listen" button is greyed out so I only get the text translation. I;m translating to Spanish which is supposed to be supported by the app. Anyone tell me what I am doing wrong ?

Also looking for a recommendation on an English / Thai voice command to audio playback app if anyone can help !

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Re: VOICE / AUDIO
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 10:59:46 AM »
Google Translate has an English to Thai interface with speech. 

Now off to the more pressing question.  I was able to get it to work on my N7.  This may be a silly question, but is your volume level up?  I know that I customarily keep mine silent, so it is easy for me to overlook, then bang my head against the wall looking for something else.
The speaker icon was grayed out, although, I made sure the language I wanted to hear, in my case, Latin, was on the top of the two lists of texts.  My best piece of advice is to either mess around with what language is on top, and if you still have issues, I would delete the application, restart the device, then reinstall it again.  As I have found over the years, apps get buggy, and sometimes you just have to dump it, then start fresh.  Please repost your findings, so that if neither work, I can look a bit closer.
Droid OG (Retired), Droid 2 (Retired), Droid 3(Retired), Droid X (Retired), Droid X2 (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked, Undervoltaged), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Stock)
Nexus 7 (Unlocked, Rooted, Undervoltaged)
Please click "Thumbs up" if somebody posts something helpf

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts