March 28, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Hello from Kansas  (Read 1230 times)

Offline pduffer

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Hello from Kansas
« on: July 08, 2012, 08:48:49 PM »
Like many others, I'm anxiously awaiting arrival of my 16gig Nexus 7 tablet.  I have an Acer Iconia Tab A500 that I bought  year ago.  When I bought it I was thinking strongly about getting the 7" Galaxy Tab strictly based on the size, as I wasn't sure I wanted a 10.1" tablet.  I've enjoyed the A500, and have gotten a lot of use from the full size USB port.  (You should have seen the looks of envy I received from a room full of iPad users at a conference last month where they provided all attendees with a USB thumb drive with conference materials on it.  I popped it in my tablet and several were saying, "Is that an iPad?  How are you able to use that drive?")

I admit I fall into the camp that would prefer at least micro SD capability with the Nexus 7 (I have a 32gig card in my A500), but realistically I can have all I use on a regular basis well within the capacity of the 16gig Nexus 7.  I plan on keeping the A500, but anticipate using the new Nexus 7 most of the time.

My current usage of the tablet primarily is for Bible study/teaching, personal finances, email (personal and work), Facebook, and internet browsing.  I also use Pandora quite a bit.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Kansas
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 02:50:03 AM »
Welcome to the forum pduffer. I have a 7" Flyer and a 10.1" TPT and I will have to admit I prefer 7" for portability and convenience. Hope you enjoy your N7.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Kansas
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 07:27:18 AM »
Welcome pduffer!
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman