March 28, 2024, 12:51:36 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Any scheduled 'downtime' to spend with the N7?  (Read 1847 times)

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Any scheduled 'downtime' to spend with the N7?
« on: July 16, 2012, 08:49:59 AM »
Hi,

On Thursday my son goes in for eye surgery to hopefully correct his strabismus, so I'm off Thursday and Friday to watch after him and plan on spending those two days getting to really know the N7.  If anyone will be around on Friday I'd love to do a Google Hangout and see how well it works, but I'll keep you guys posted on a time since I'll have to schedule it around my son's nap.

Sam

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Any scheduled 'downtime' to spend with the N7?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 09:22:58 AM »
I'm retired, so I've got the time.  But I'm not familiar with Google Hangout.  I don't have a Droid phone, but if Hangout is available through my web/laptop, maybe we can do it.  That's assuming we want our N7s available to play/tinker with.
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 09:39:09 AM »
I'm retired, so I've got the time.  But I'm not familiar with Google Hangout.  I don't have a Droid phone, but if Hangout is available through my web/laptop, maybe we can do it.  That's assuming we want our N7s available to play/tinker with.

If you have a Google Plus account or even a Gmail account now, since I think G+ and Gmail are pretty much the same thing now, you can Hangout with anyone there or join a hangout you've been invited to.

Pretty simple and sweet the way they have it, and from the videos I've seen from people who do Hangouts it looks much simpler and easier than Skype or other video chat clients.  Cosmoquest does a weekly space hangout to discuss astronomy, and check their archive here for some great examples of how hangouts work.

Also it should work from the N7 along with any desktop/laptop or android phones (at least Android 2.3 and better AFAIK).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 09:41:12 AM by samalex »

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 09:43:42 AM »
Hi,

On Thursday my son goes in for eye surgery to hopefully correct his strabismus, so I'm off Thursday and Friday to watch after him and plan on spending those two days getting to really know the N7.  If anyone will be around on Friday I'd love to do a Google Hangout and see how well it works, but I'll keep you guys posted on a time since I'll have to schedule it around my son's nap.

Sam

Wow, what a trip!  My gf, who lives with me, is getting eye surgery on Thursday as well... I'm retired so I 'hang out' most every day.  Maybe I can join you in that Google Hangout; good fun!
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman