March 29, 2024, 07:55:12 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Mobile broadband  (Read 1886 times)

Offline jinjamiki

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Mobile broadband
« on: October 04, 2012, 01:51:45 AM »
I cant any topic, so please excuse if this has been addressed before.Can a USB mobile broadband stick be used with the Nexus 7.
Thanks
Jinjamiki

Offline hula foxhat

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mobile broadband
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 06:27:47 AM »
Probably not, there do not tend to be drivers for USB stick in Android also the micro usb slot does not have full usb capabilities. My advice would me to get a mifi device. Im in the UK and use one from t-mobile works perfectly and allows me to connect up to 5 devices at a time.

JayJ

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 06:16:33 PM »
I'll second the Mi-Fi, it's made by Huawei and can be picked up on eBay for a reasonable price.
I use one for my N7, my Wi-Fi only PS Vita and SGS2 when I used it's 1GB of data and it saves the hassle of having multiple data accounts.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 07:00:42 PM »
I use my cell phone and a tether app. It isn't exactly broadband but it gets you online.

Offline martyh

• Popularity: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 08:02:32 PM »
I'll second the Mi-Fi, it's made by Huawei and can be picked up on eBay for a reasonable price.
I use one for my N7, my Wi-Fi only PS Vita and SGS2 when I used it's 1GB of data and it saves the hassle of having multiple data accounts.

I asked this previously, but in another section and didn't actually get the answer I needed:

I use a T-mobile stick with my laptop; is there a way to "tether" this -- an app on the N7 and software on the laptop -- to the N7?

Thanks; appreciate any help with this.
martyh

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Mobile broadband
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 08:36:11 PM »

I asked this previously, but in another section and didn't actually get the answer I needed:

I use a T-mobile stick with my laptop; is there a way to "tether" this -- an app on the N7 and software on the laptop -- to the N7?

Thanks; appreciate any help with this.
martyh
Pdanet tablet and Foxfi or open garden for the laptop might work. If not there arena bunch of tether apps at the store you can try for free.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman