March 28, 2024, 06:43:40 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Any Way to Manage Torrents on NAS Remotely using Nexus?  (Read 2134 times)

Offline silvercue

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Any Way to Manage Torrents on NAS Remotely using Nexus?
« on: August 30, 2012, 01:24:42 AM »
I have a ReadyNAS Ultra2 and there is an app for Android called ReadyNas Remote, but when I search the store from my Nexus it can't find it and when I look online it says not compatible with device.

I want to be able to add torrents remotely by logging into my NAS and starting them off through Transmission.

Any ideas if this can be done with any app at all?

I have installed something called Android Transmission GUI, but struggling with that a bit at the moment and I don;t think it does what I want anyway.

Thanks

Offline ahladas

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Any Way to Manage Torrents on NAS Remotely using Nexus?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 05:31:56 AM »
I'm wondering if you ever got this working as I am in a similar situation.    I am new to tablets and I will say that android (and iOS I'm sure also) does a good job of buffering you from the file system.   But for me at least there gets to be a point where I want to muck with it.   I don't need someone else s cloud storage, I have my own, I just can't get to it from the tablet.

Oh and my NAS torrent client is a little different then yours, it has a web GUI for management.   I have not tried it yet, but as long as the browser supports Java script, I think getting the torrent going on the NAS client from the tablet is not an issue.   The problem I have is hot to get the file OFF the NAS.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 05:34:50 AM by ahladas »

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 05:56:58 AM »
Depends what you use.

There are apps for all types of downloading clients, such as SABSHEEP, NZB UNITY etc.

If you just want to monitor downloads in uTorrent, then you can do so via your browser using Google the remote GUI options.

Offline ahladas

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 06:38:54 AM »
I want to be able to use the NAS like a network drive.   I'm sure it has a ftp client, which can do everything I need but would be a little cumbersome.

Offline silvercue

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 08:31:45 AM »
No I never got this working. You can get apps to monitor things, not do what I want.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman