March 28, 2024, 03:59:00 PM

collapse

Author Topic: hello  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Tankus

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
hello
« on: October 05, 2012, 07:48:05 AM »
Just to start off sounding like I'm at an AA meeting ..or something  !...not that I've ever been in one ...that is  !

Hello ...My name is Tankus........ and I'm an android newbie (never had a smart phone)

Needed something for  internet access  ,cheap , very portable , fit into my camera bag , and something that I could do minor editing ,  file transfer from my camera to a portable hard drive as well  ..... my hobby is landscape photography ..... and I didn't want the size or weight of a laptop to hawk around

The nexus seemed to fit the bill ...and I've only heard good things .... so ...here I am ....I've had it about a week ....and now reading around rooting  (not done it yet )

Came here......... to look for advice and pitfall avoidance........ with minimal phaff  ... 

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 08:04:23 AM »
Welcome to the forum Tankus. You will find lots of information on using the Nexus 7 for internal and external media storage, using the forum search function. Also if you decide to root your tablet, we have a step by step guide Here.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 10:02:40 AM »
Yes, welcome!   Let us know how your N7 works for you for image editing.  I think it's the perfect size for what you're wanting to do with it.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

JayJ

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 06:07:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum Tankus, you've definitely come to the right place for your N7 requirements.
Have a good read because there is allot of good information on here and use the search function before asking any specific questions in case they've been asked, most importantly enjoy your new tab and your time here.

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 06:40:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum sir.
Droid OG (Retired), Droid 2 (Retired), Droid 3(Retired), Droid X (Retired), Droid X2 (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked, Undervoltaged), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Stock)
Nexus 7 (Unlocked, Rooted, Undervoltaged)
Please click "Thumbs up" if somebody posts something helpf

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 06:56:26 PM »
Welcome to the show!

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229