March 29, 2024, 09:01:55 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Game Spotlight: 'World Of Goo'  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 Game Spotlight: 'World Of Goo'
« on: October 05, 2012, 05:37:23 PM »

It wouldn't be a Friday without our weekly game spotlight and today's is currently the #1 game in the Google Play Store:  'World Of Goo'.  A classic on game consoles, the full gorgeous version with updated graphics is now available on Android and looks and plays terrific on your Nexus 7.  'World Of Goo' is best known for having a really cool 'Tim Burton' like animated look to the whole game.  It's won so many awards at this point I've lost count.  'World Of Goo' is a physics based puzzle game with a touch of platformer thrown in for good measure.  It's hard to describe so I'll let the video do some of the talking for me...

Awards and recognition for World of Goo:
* Wii Game of the Year -IGN
* iPad Game of the Year - TouchArcade, MetaCritic
* Best Indie Game -Spike TV Video Game Awards
* Best Design -Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
* Best Downloadable Title -Game Developers Choice Awards
* Best Design -Independent Games Festival
* Technical Excellence -Independent Games Festival
* Best Indie Game -Spike TV Video Game Awards
* Game of the Year -Rock Paper Shotgun
* Game of the Year -GameTunnel
* Best PC Puzzle Game -IGN
* Best Wii Puzzle Game -IGN
* Best Artistic Design Wii -IGN
* Best New IP Wii -IGN
* Most Innovative Design Wii -IGN
* Puzzler of the Year -Golden Joystick Awards

In 'World Of Goo' the idea is to build large structures to accomplish different objectives...out of balls of goo.  There's five different chapters, each with several levels apiece.  Each level has its own unique graphic look and original music that add a spooky, otherworldly ambiance to the game.  There's also a 'bonus' game called 'World of goo Corporation' where you compete to build the highest tower using your goo balls.  This part of the game includes competitors from around the world with the developer, 2D Boy, keeping track of the tallest towers and best players. 

Now despite the simple sounding objective of the game the reality is there are multiple kinds of goo balls...each with its own unique strengths and abilities.  There's also a host of different kinds of objects that need to be built and tricky levels that can require a lot of skill to complete such as bridges, cannonballs, zeppelins and even giant tongues.  If you're looking for a fun, challenging and definitely original gaming experience download 'World Of Goo' at the link below this weekend and let us know what you think.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:19:23 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 Game Spotlight: 'World Of Goo'
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 05:47:48 PM »
I don't like many games but I  love this one.

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 Game Spotlight: 'World Of Goo'
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 04:07:47 PM »
I bought this game for the Wii a few years back.  I'm glad to see that it finally made its way to android.  Its definitely a really fun game.  A first for the physics engine games.  Theres even an "OCD" mode for those that are game perfetionists.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman