April 20, 2024, 06:51:21 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Trapped In Talkback....  (Read 1090 times)

Offline tfman

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Trapped In Talkback....
« on: October 11, 2012, 12:07:27 PM »
After a joyful first week on my Nexus 7, I decided to try out some of the Accessibility features.

It all sounded so wonderful, but I ended up for eight hours trapped in the "Talkback" feature. It
seemed I was in a "walled garden" or a never ending loop, totally unable to escape back to
the normal screens I wanted to be in.

To be fair there are warnings given that you are completely changing the way you access your
tablet but it is such a radical change. You really should become totally familiar with your new environment and
how to navigate with it before venturing into it. I simply could not get back to settings to turn "Talkback" off. Did
not at the time fully understand the swipes, double presses and gesture driven commands to do what
I needed to do.

Have others had similar problems and hopefully come up with some easier answers, and maybe a failsafe to
get you back to home base as it were?

The only thing I could think of was a "hard reset", that google gave instructions for, involving holding down
on and volume buttons. But however many times I tried this with the Android figure falling on it's side
I could not get it to reboot. Finally got a randomn gesture to reveal the "settings" icon.

So my questions are if people have an easy answer to this feature and is it a problem that my
N7 would not do the hard reset, does that indicate a major problem?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 12:10:42 PM by tfman »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts