April 19, 2024, 07:22:53 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Video Orientation  (Read 3527 times)

Offline blaqkout

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Video Orientation
« on: July 18, 2012, 07:54:10 AM »
I loaded some MP4 and AVI files into my Movies folder from my PC and all of them play in portrait (vertical) orientation. They won't rotate to landscape (horizontal) orientation when I turn the Nexus on it's side. Any suggestions?

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Video Orientation
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 08:02:05 AM »
Open the notification bar and there's an icon with two circular arrows and either a rectangle or lock between the settings icon and date.  If its a lock then your orientation is locked in Portrait... tap it and it should turn into a tilted rectangle which will allow the screen to go into landscape.  The home screen won't rotate though without some work but most everything else should.

Mine was locked in Portrait when I got it which threw me too :)  Let me know if this doesn't work.

Offline blaqkout

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 08:33:52 AM »
Yeah, that did it.

Google's been taking lessons from Apple, I guess. At least you can unlock it.

Next big change?
http://www.droid-life.com/2012/05/17/chameleon-for-android-tablets-isnt-new-but-you-can-back-it-on-kickstarter-and-get-it-early/

Offline coolbreeze

• Popularity: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 08:36:59 AM »
Open the notification bar and there's an icon with two circular arrows and either a rectangle or lock between the settings icon and date.  If its a lock then your orientation is locked in Portrait... tap it and it should turn into a tilted rectangle which will allow the screen to go into landscape.  The home screen won't rotate though without some work but most everything else should.

Mine was locked in Portrait when I got it which threw me too :)  Let me know if this doesn't work.

Here is a fix for the home screen. http://nexus7forum.com/index.php?topic=230.0
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt