A couple of months ago we got wind of a new 'next generation' game in development from Gameloft that would be one of the first for Android devices to use the 'Unreal Engine' that powers some of the nicest looking Windows and OSX games for the desktop. Well the wait is over and now we've had a chance to play 'Wild Blood' and are happy to say that despite a few performance hiccups that we're sure will be worked out, it was worth the wait. In case you haven't seen the gameplay video yet...here's a video to wet your appetite.
GET READY FOR A VISUAL REVOLUTION
- Amazing real-time, full 3D graphics with special effects powered by Unreal Technology.
- Epic fights full of impressive enemies and stunning special powers.
LANCELOTíS STORY REIMAGINED
- Become the legendary and brutal Sir Lancelot. Fight off the legions of Hell and challenge the mighty King Arthur, who has been enchanted by Morgana.
- Travel across 10 breathtaking levels on your journey to Avalon with the help of Sir Gawain of the Knights of the Round Table.
DISCOVER A VAST WORLD FULL OF DIVERSE CHALLENGES
- Face 20 different enemies including epic bosses.
- Wield a wide range of weapons from axes and longbows to your powerful great sword.
- Enjoy intense, spectacular and gory combat with both melee and ranged battles.
- Explore fascinating environments and solve puzzles to reach hidden locations.
ENJOY AN EPIC MULTIPLAYER MODE
- Have fun with up to 8 friends in the impressive Team Deathmatch (4 vs. 4) and Capture the Flag modes.
- Connect with your Gameloft LIVE! friends and compare your scores on the leaderboard.
- Local (Wi-Fi) & online modes available.
In 'Wild Blood' you play as Sir Lancelot who has to battle 20 different kinds of enemies across 10 different levels in an effort to fight back against King Arthur and the legions of demons let loose through the 'HellGate'. You have access to an arsenal of cool weapons including axes, longbows and the great sword. There's options for up to 8 people to play in multiplayer deathmatch as well as local and wifi modes. The graphics are stunning and look phenomenal on your Nexus 7 with detailed textures, particle effects, lighting and fire effects galore.
While there are some glitches and hiccups along the way that we're sure Gameloft will fix in an upcoming patch the game is still a pleasure to look. The story and narrative is kept to a minimum in 'Wild Blood' so this game will definitely appeal more to action fans than those looking for a long, epic adventure. Still, with the legendary figures and settings the game takes place in you'll enjoy the history ambiance as you slash and shoot your way through the beautiful scenery. At $6.99 it's a little pricey but for the visuals alone it's probably worth it.