April 18, 2024, 02:43:11 AM

collapse

Author Topic: ROM install guide by loociddreemr for "Bugless Beast" (GROUPER) ROM  (Read 1250 times)

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Although, I have not used the "Bugless Beast" (GROUPER) ROM for the Nexus 7, I appreciate the basic guide that loociddreemr has posted in a topic discussing the OTA for 4.1.2 and thought it worthwhile to post as a guide for the "Bugless Beast ROM, hopefully this guide will, at the least, give forum members an idea of the steps involved in installing a custom ROM. My thanks to the OP (Original Poster = loociddreemr) for taking the time to make the post. Remember the usual disclaimer is that you flash ROM's at your own risk.

S.Prime

Any Thumbs Up go to loociddreemr at the original post by clicking here. He has one from me.

From the original post:

Peter Alfonso has been developing ROM's since the OG Droid days.  He was one of the very first ROM builders.  I have a lot of faith in his builds. They are EXTREMELY stable.  I actually installed his ROM this morning. Went silky smooth. 

Instruction for installing through ClockWorkMod Recovery

1. Download the ROM http://peteralfonso.net/GROUPER/ROM/JELLYBEAN/pete_grouper_ota_2012-10-10.zip
2. Make a backup of all user apps and system data with Titanium Backup.
3. Reboot into recovery. (if you have Rom Manager, there is an option for this) To boot into recovery without an app with that option, turn off the device, plug USB into any PC with or without drivers, hold volume down + power to boot into bootloader, use volume up to select recovery, press power to select.
4. Make a Nandroid backup
5. Format data and cache, format cache, go to mounts and format system, go back, go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache, go back.
6. Install zip from sd card.  go to downloads and select pete_grouper_ota_2012-10-10.zip
7. reboot

After installation you can restore all user apps and system data through Titanium.

Edit: My apologies to loociddreemr for the incorrect spelling, of their screen name in my OP.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:58:11 PM by S.Prime »

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: ROM install guide by loociddreamr for GROUPER ROM
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 06:26:36 PM »
Refer here for the changelog on the latest build of Bugless Beast for the Nexus 7 (code name grouper)

http://www.peteralfonso.com/2012/07/bugless-beast-41x-jelly-bean.html

Refer to the downloads section for current and previous builds.

http://download.peteralfonso.com/grouper/rom

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts