April 17, 2024, 06:55:20 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Has anyone tried one of the micro-usb card readers?  (Read 1366 times)

Offline chessie

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Has anyone tried one of the micro-usb card readers?
« on: October 12, 2012, 02:40:36 PM »
My family purchased a Nexus 7 for our cousin - she is unable to have a pc or laptop because of issues at home, and we thought that this would provide her with some much needed functionality.  Unfortunately, we didn't realize the limitations on the storage (no card reader) until well after we bought it (we didn't have much time to research it).  Since one of the main things that she wants to do, is to transfer pics from her camera to her tablet, for viewing, the lack of an SD card slot is an issue. 

So, after some research, I understand that with an OTG cable, the Import Media ap, and a usb card reader, she will be able to do what she needs.  (Rooting is not an option for her.)  However, I was just wondering...since there are a few micro-usb card readers out there now, has anyone tried one of these with the Nexus 7?  I am all for simplying where I can, and that would certainly be a better solution, if it worked.

Anyone?

Offline chessie

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone tried one of the micro-usb card readers?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 03:00:06 PM »
Ah...I just noticed a thread below where someone actually has used one of these - great news to hear.   :)

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman