2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Android OS (Jelly Bean)

Forum Guide to installing OTA Update 4.1.2 With and Without Root

<< < (3/10) > >>

radiocycle:
Sure thing loocid...  Now, mine is running fine mind you (except for no camdamera) but I just thought I should be able to update.  'Cuz what if 4.2 comes along some day and I can't update...??!

bjs229:
Radio. I would backup apps with Titanium and then use Wugfresh new toolbox to flash back to the factory rom and go from there. I believe it was updated a couple of days ago. Next time I would try and freeze factory apps instead of removing them because of such problems down the road.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1766475

loociddreemr:
If anyone has experience with the RAZR prior to Ice Cream Sandwich, then you understand the importance of "the path." In the weeks preceding the upgrade to ICS, there were "leaks" of test build floating all over the place.  These leaks would allow a rooted user to prematurely upgrade to ICS before the OTA.  Some of the leaks were full ROMs; others were updates to previous builds. Once a leak has been installed past a certain point in the upgrade path, there was no turning back because of the locked bootloader. We don't have that problem, but we are similar in that to install an update, you have to be on a specific build. This current update will only install on the JRO03D build. Those on the JRO03S build will most likely receive a different update package. When the time comes for the next upgrade, it will only install on build JZ054K completely unaltered. This means no frozen, disabled, or uninstalled apps. No changes can be made to the build.prop. I advise everyone to make a Nandroid backup immediately after receiving a successful update. This backup can be restored to avoid any issues with the upgrade path regardless of the changes made or what custom ROM you have installed.

radiocycle:

--- Quote from: bjs229 on October 14, 2012, 08:17:41 PM ---Radio. I would backup apps with Titanium and then use Wugfresh new toolbox to flash back to the factory rom and go from there. I believe it was updated a couple of days ago. Next time I would try and freeze factory apps instead of removing them because of such problems down the road.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1766475

--- End quote ---

Ah, very good bjs... yes now I know.  Next time I will freeze rather than delete.  I did see that caution but chose to ignore it at the time; live and learn!

bjs229:
I am a little stuck now. If I try and reboot recovery I get the android with the red exclamation. One of the choices is to update.. I am already updated to 4.2.1 so I am not sure what it will do. I can't get into TWRP.. Any ideas?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version