2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Android OS (Jelly Bean)

Forum Guide to installing OTA Update 4.1.2 With and Without Root

<< < (9/10) > >>

S.Prime:

--- Quote from: CBers on October 16, 2012, 02:39:11 AM ---
--- Quote from: S.Prime on October 15, 2012, 03:16:27 AM ---SuperSU now automatically updates binaries.  If you are using superuser swipe right from the main screen and you will see the update option.

--- End quote ---
I have SuperSU PRO installed.

Any way of seeing if binaries have been updated?

--- End quote ---

I will look at it on my tablet and see if there is. I have superuser on my Slll, which I am using now.

Gunner6101:
I got it after only doing the clear data force close twice only glitch I see is the clock on the lock screen is partially cut off

bjs229:

--- Quote from: CBers on October 16, 2012, 02:45:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: radiocycle on October 15, 2012, 08:36:14 PM ---Yes, that's what I attempted to do several times, but the lock shows up unlocked briefly, then when it finishes rebooting it turns up locked.  That's what I tried with the toolkit.  Seems like it should work...

r

--- End quote ---
I thought when locked there was no lock displayed.

I.E. The lock only shows on an unlocked device.

--- End quote ---
That's why I was asking radio if he was sure that the lock was actually locked. I never saw that before.

loociddreemr:
Unlocking a device refers to enabling permissions to make changes to the bootloader. This includes the recovery. If you are able to enter Clockworkmod or TWRP, then you are most likely unlocked. A custom recovery cannot be installed on a locked device. This is our only concern with a locked device of you are running the stock ROM.

bjs229:
I'm sure he is mistaking the locked padlock on the security screen for his actually unlocked boot loader.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version