March 29, 2024, 02:20:29 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Use of Nexus 7 outside USA  (Read 2347 times)

Offline ranieri

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Use of Nexus 7 outside USA
« on: October 15, 2012, 06:30:54 AM »
Hi there,

does anyone know if the Nexus 7 bought in the US would work well abroad? I heard that some legal issues would restrict the use of some functions / applications (movies, music purchased in the US would not be available elsewhere...)
Thank you for any info.

Offline Helen Wagner

• View Profile
Re: Use of Nexus 7 outside USA
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 07:33:25 AM »
We bought our Nexus7 in September and took it with us to Ireland the same month.  I wasn't sure if I didn't download the movies properly (not very tech savy) but they didn't work.  The internet worked great and was handy for email and my husband's FFL league.

JayJ

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 07:43:33 AM »
You won't have access to Movies or Music when you are abroad, some applications may not work like Pandora but all other features should work fine.

Offline ranieri

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 10:07:21 AM »
Thank you for your replies.
So, would I have the same problems going abroad from whatever country I buy the Nexus 7 from? I mean, if I get it in the UK I wouldn't be able to use those features in any other place? Its a bit annoying thinking that a tablet is made for being on the move.

JayJ

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 10:14:10 AM »
It can be used on the move quite easily, it's just certain services again available in other regions. The UK doesn't have Google Play Music, we have the app but not the music download service.
If you put your own movies into your Nexus 7 they're won't be any issues, it's just some application services are region specific.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:10:12 AM by JayJ »

Offline silvercue

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 04:33:27 AM »
My first Nexus I had for a couple of weeks in the UK and then spent some time driving through France.  everything worked perfectly, if I needed anything i stopped at a McDonalds (free wifi) and downloaded what I needed)....until the Nexus actually stopped working which was a nightmare as I was using NavFree to get around!!

On my third Nexus now :(

Offline ranieri

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 08:06:28 AM »
Thank you for your answers.
It looks like its ok to get one in the US then but at this point I'd wait for the 29th of Oct and see if the 3G version will be launched!

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman