2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Storage and Backup

Backing up my Nexus7 to a laptop without a Took Kit?

(1/4) > >>

anken32:
Hi, is there a way to back Nexus7 files and downloaded apps. to my laptop without the Nexus Tool Kit?
I have not seen this questions in Search and hope it's not redundant.
If a Tool Kit is required, which one would you suggest?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

S.Prime:
You cannot backup your Android device's Apps and data without using the toolkit in the forum's guide to rooting, which works without rooting or by rooting your device and using Titanium Backup or making a nandroid backup.

anken32:
Thank you S.Prime.
 I'm glad to be able to do it without rooting the Nexus.  I'm still fairly new at the Android System and afraid of "Bricking" my device.
As I'm getting a little more confident I'm looking forward to root and enjoy the little extras this procedure brings. Thanks again!

loociddreemr:

--- Quote from: anken32 on October 16, 2012, 04:56:55 PM ---Thank you S.Prime.
 I'm glad to be able to do it without rooting the Nexus.  I'm still fairly new at the Android System and afraid of "Bricking" my device.
As I'm getting a little more confident I'm looking forward to root and enjoy the little extras this procedure brings. Thanks again!

--- End quote ---
I can understand your fears about possibly "bricking" your device however, this is nearly impossible with the Nexus 7.   Root access does allow us to make many changes, some of which can potentially damage your device. Most of the changes that you learn about here will not damage your device, but unleash its potential! I look forward to accompanying you on your journey through the rabbit hole!

anken32:
Thank you for your reply, loociddreemer.  It gives me more courage... In the meantime I have purchased the OTR Cable and installed Nexus Media Importer. It works great!
Thanks again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version