April 18, 2024, 07:37:34 AM

collapse

Author Topic: DVORAK keyboard?  (Read 2182 times)

Offline johnwhelan

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
DVORAK keyboard?
« on: September 18, 2012, 07:06:22 PM »
I'm used to the DVORAK keyboard layout these days, how do I get one on the Nexus 7 instead of having to hunt for the letters?

Thanks John

JayJ

Re: DVORAK keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 03:48:50 AM »
Just search the Google Play store, I found this free DVORAK keyboard in about 3 seconds.
There are others including popular keyboards such as Slide It and Swiftkey 3.

Offline johnwhelan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 08:40:45 AM »
I installed it, got a security warning, selected it and still got the standard qwerty layout.  When I read the specs on the Nexus7 I seem to recall mention of a DVORAK layout there.

Cheerio John

JayJ

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 12:11:06 PM »
I haben't used this keyboard, in fact I've never used a DVORAK keyboard but try to change the settings...

Menu> Settings> Language & input> Keyboard & input method...

Here next to the DVORAK keyboard you'll see three sliders, this is the settings so select this and you should be able to find the settings to change the keyboard.

As for the security warning, you'll get this for any 3rd party keyboard because in theory the keyboard can learn what you type including usernames and passwords.

Offline johnwhelan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 11:52:46 AM »
I haben't used this keyboard, in fact I've never used a DVORAK keyboard but try to change the settings...

Menu> Settings> Language & input> Keyboard & input method...

Here next to the DVORAK keyboard you'll see three sliders, this is the settings so select this and you should be able to find the settings to change the keyboard.

As for the security warning, you'll get this for any 3rd party keyboard because in theory the keyboard can learn what you type including usernames and passwords.

DVORAK is not on the list of keyboards on my Google Nexus 7, I can see multiple keyboards including French, Russian, Thai etc but not DVORAK.  Perhaps the new operating system update will correct this.

Cheerio John

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 07:27:34 AM »
I agree with JJ, there are quite a few.  I like Swift key personally.
Droid OG (Retired), Droid 2 (Retired), Droid 3(Retired), Droid X (Retired), Droid X2 (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked, Undervoltaged), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Stock)
Nexus 7 (Unlocked, Rooted, Undervoltaged)
Please click "Thumbs up" if somebody posts something helpf

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts