March 29, 2024, 08:27:10 AM

collapse

Author Topic: upgrade (2nd nexus)  (Read 1769 times)

Offline mwbritt

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
upgrade (2nd nexus)
« on: October 21, 2012, 12:08:08 AM »
Hi all,
I'm new to the tablets so please indulge these newbie questions. 
situation: I justbought the 16GB N7 2 12 days ago.  Now I am realising that the 32GB rumors seem to be true.  Since I cant exchange the tablet I'm going to get the new one and give my wife this one.  I want her to have the fun of discovery as I did when getting the nexus (minus the set up issues lol. )
questions: 1. will a hard reset completely return the n7 to original?  Including the big oversized book magizine and music pictures. Please note I erased some of the media.
2. after I re-network this n7 and register it to her gmail account will new new nexus also get the 25 dollar google credit? (I i know this answer might be a guess)
3. when I register the new nexus onto my account will I be able to download my purchased apps onto my new n7?
4. will this tablet revert to 4.1 or will it revert to the upgraded 4.2?  (I have received the 4.2 automatic upgrade)
5. I'm having to REtype this on my lap top.  I was almost finished after an eternity of pecking on the n7 keyboard.  I pressed something and all of my text disappeared.  I'm still ticked at this  grrrrrrr.  any way, any idea of what I might have pushed?
6. I think you all get the gist of what I want to do.  Any other comments for questions I cant think of would be appreciated. lol, after all, one does not know what they don't know

Thanks for reading and any assistance.

Michael

p.s.  Please forgive me if this is a double post.  Im pressing post and nothing is happening

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: upgrade (2nd nexus)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 02:44:05 AM »
Not sure about the credit. I thought that was over with.
Factory reset brings you back to like it came out of the box. Your Widgets should be back. I believe you will have to update again to 4.1.2 if you choose too. My experience with bought apps are that they are kept in memory by Google in the store and when you register your account or update your phone or machine the apps are there to install.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 02:45:42 AM by bjs229 »

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: upgrade (2nd nexus)
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 03:53:21 AM »
1. You will need to do a "factory reset" from the settings menu, but since I have not performed one, I cannot say if the screen layout will be the same as the original, but all of the apps will be restored to factory state.

2. The $25 credit promotion has expired

3. If you setup the tablet with the Google account under which the apps were purchased, they will be available from Google Play and you can setup multiple Google accounts , just remember the tablet will have access to your Gmail as well.

4. If you are at version. 4.1.2, after the factory reset you will remain at 4.1.2.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline mwbritt

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 04:48:42 AM »
great, thanks everyone.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime