March 29, 2024, 09:13:53 AM

collapse

Author Topic: spyware add-less apps  (Read 1434 times)

Offline mwbritt

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
spyware add-less apps
« on: October 21, 2012, 01:09:24 AM »
Hi all,
I noticed most off the apps need the phone permission.  This makes me wonder about spyware on the apps for the nex 7.  Is there a lis of apps that are verified as safe and that are truely free with no adds?

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: spyware add-less apps
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 03:19:23 AM »
I read up on any app before I install it. I don't know of a list per se but the store does recommend certain apps. What is it you are looking for?

Offline mwbritt

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 04:53:05 AM »
hmmm, I don't think anything in particular comes to mind.  I'm playing around with this thing and just a bit paranoyed about security.

JayJ

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 07:43:36 AM »
You are your first line defense when it comes to malware or malicious applications, I have read many posts of people using "Android" security software or applications but malicious apps are not detected and this is why I stand by the fact that security apps do not work on Android the way they do on a PC.
When you install an application, check it's permissions and if you think it's asking for permissions that are too much or you don't like them, don't install it. There are probably other apps that will do what you want anyway...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:03:55 AM by JayJ »

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 11:52:15 AM »
I hate that I have to look at the permissions to sew if the Dev is asking for something screwy.  All too often, they ask for contact information.
Droid OG (Retired), Droid 2 (Retired), Droid 3(Retired), Droid X (Retired), Droid X2 (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked, Undervoltaged), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Stock)
Nexus 7 (Unlocked, Rooted, Undervoltaged)
Please click "Thumbs up" if somebody posts something helpf

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts