March 28, 2024, 08:01:58 AM

collapse

Author Topic: mad at google  (Read 2544 times)

Offline mwbritt

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
mad at google
« on: October 21, 2012, 01:15:47 AM »
Im a bit miffed at google. when I bought my n7 less then 2 weeks ago they denied a 32gb nex 7.  Now pics are poping up with the 32gb vertion. I wish they had been honest!  I would have waited!  I hope someone from google is reading htis.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: mad at google
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 01:47:28 AM »
It's not a matter of them being honest mwbritt.  Companies come out with new versions and improved or updated versions all the time.  The people that you talk to on the phone or in a store are usually the last to know when a product will be released and only find out when the company makes their official introduction of the newer product so I highly doubt anyone 'lied' to you.   The 32GB Nexus 7 hasn't been officially announced yet so let's see what happens when they do announce it...probably in about 9 days at their event on the 29th.  For all you know they might offer some kind of compensation or discount to buyers of the 16GB version for a limited time.  Technology products are constantly updated and improved so as long as it works for what you bought it for you should still enjoy it. 
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline mwbritt

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 05:09:10 AM »
true' yor probably right. ohh well I was going to have to buy a second n7 anyway. I knew my wife would want one.  I hope that there will be a pricebreak as you sugjest.n

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 06:30:57 AM »
From what I understand, the price point for both N7's were supposed to come down for the 8 and 16gb models to $99 and $149 respectively.  Personally, I have the 8gb model, as I use cloud storage and the otg cable.  The 32 GB will sell well, I'm assuming though.
Droid OG (Retired), Droid 2 (Retired), Droid 3(Retired), Droid X (Retired), Droid X2 (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked, Undervoltaged), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Stock)
Nexus 7 (Unlocked, Rooted, Undervoltaged)
Please click "Thumbs up" if somebody posts something helpf

JayJ

Re: Re: mad at google
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 07:37:53 AM »
true' yor probably right. ohh well I was going to have to buy a second n7 anyway. I knew my wife would want one.  I hope that there will be a pricebreak as you sugjest.n

I'm going to do that, my Nexus 7 has been well looked after and is excellent condition so will be giving that to my Girlfriend for Christmas and buying myself a 32GB Nexus 7.
I'm not tight, it just makes sense...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:11:36 AM by JayJ »

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 07:43:16 AM »
I didn't think of that either, I could give the old one to my wife.  Good call JJ.
Droid OG (Retired), Droid 2 (Retired), Droid 3(Retired), Droid X (Retired), Droid X2 (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked, Undervoltaged), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Stock)
Nexus 7 (Unlocked, Rooted, Undervoltaged)
Please click "Thumbs up" if somebody posts something helpf

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 04:49:58 PM »
Im a bit miffed at google. when I bought my n7 less then 2 weeks ago they denied a 32gb nex 7.  Now pics are poping up with the 32gb vertion. I wish they had been honest!  I would have waited!  I hope someone from google is reading htis.

I pre-ordered my N7 within a week of it being announced.  I think the rumors of a 32GB machine started about a week after I got it.  I can almost guarantee that if you'd waited, it won't be long before there would be a 64GB, or a 3G, or higher resolution, a better spell checker, or something else you wish you had waited for.  When you're buying electronics there will always be something newer and better before too long.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 08:47:27 PM »

I pre-ordered my N7 within a week of it being announced.  I think the rumors of a 32GB machine started about a week after I got it.  I can almost guarantee that if you'd waited, it won't be long before there would be a 64GB, or a 3G, or higher resolution, a better spell checker, or something else you wish you had waited for.  When you're buying electronics there will always be something newer and better before too long.

and so it goes....
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 10:23:37 PM »
When the 32GB Nexus 7 comes out if they decide to continue offering an 8 GB version most likely it will drop to $149.  The 16GB will be $199 and the 32GB will be $249.   At the October 29th Google Event they are rumored to also be introducing a 3G version that also has 32GB but with CDMA built-in.  Most likely this will be a bit more expensive...either $299 or $349 would be my guess.  It's good that the iPad Mini event is a few days before the Google event.  It will give Google a chance to adjust their pricing to make sure they undercut Apple and therefore stay super competitive.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman