March 28, 2024, 11:59:20 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Apple running scared ??  (Read 5343 times)

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Apple running scared ??
« on: October 23, 2012, 12:08:30 PM »
Apple have just announced their iPad mini at $329 and in the presentation, tried comparing it to the Nexus 7 !!

iPad 4 was also announced.

UPDATE: UK price for 16GB Wifi iPad mini will be £269.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 01:01:41 PM by CBers »

Offline ibm650

• Popularity: -5
    • View Profile
Re: Apple running scared ??
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 12:34:21 PM »
The ipad mini appears to be made of old iphone parts. It is using the iphone 4s A5 processor. 

Offline strollin

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 12:50:42 PM »
Larger screen size (7.9 vs 7) but lower resolution (1024x768 vs 1280 x 800) than the N7 with a price more than 30% greater.  Fail!

Unfortunately, due to Apple fans, it will probably sell like hotcakes.

Offline commodore128

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 12:56:33 PM »
it is well known fact that apple users are brain dead  :-*

Offline wpb1960

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 01:04:13 PM »
Apple= Over priced & Over rated !!!!

Offline Scott99

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 01:05:22 PM »

I resemble that remark ! I love my iPhone 4, and have an iPhone 5 on order. I think both OS's are excellent, and have been an iPhone owner since 2007, iPod owner since 2004. That being said, if ALL tablets were as pricey as iPads, I would have never gotten a tablet. The reason I finally cracked, and bought a tablet, was because I loved the Kindle Fire, loved what I was able to do with it, and finally, loved that I could do all of that at a reasonable price. Then, I heard the specs of the Nexus 7, and what they give you for $250, is just ridiculous (sold my Kindle Fire). The Nexus 7 is a freaking powerhouse, and I love the openness of Google's OS's. So yes, I own both products, and I'm very happy with both. OK, back to my brain dead life, lol.

That being said, today's announcement of the iPad mini is very UNDERwhelming, the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire HD blow this thing away.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 01:09:39 PM by Scott99 »

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 01:15:55 PM »
I think you meant 'resent'.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

JayJ

Re: Re: Apple running scared ??
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 02:08:17 PM »

I resemble that remark ! I love my iPhone 4, and have an iPhone 5 on order. I think both OS's are excellent, and have been an iPhone owner since 2007, iPod owner since 2004. That being said, if ALL tablets were as pricey as iPads, I would have never gotten a tablet. The reason I finally cracked, and bought a tablet, was because I loved the Kindle Fire, loved what I was able to do with it, and finally, loved that I could do all of that at a reasonable price. Then, I heard the specs of the Nexus 7, and what they give you for $250, is just ridiculous (sold my Kindle Fire). The Nexus 7 is a freaking powerhouse, and I love the openness of Google's OS's. So yes, I own both products, and I'm very happy with both. OK, back to my brain dead life, lol.

That being said, today's announcement of the iPad mini is very UNDERwhelming, the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire HD blow this thing away.

And let the flame war commence...

Obviously I'm anti A**le, it's a swear word in my house. I have never nor will I ever buy into the A**le brand, personally I don't see the attraction to A**le products unless your an A**le fanboy.
Whether anti A**le or not, it's a fail IMHO and I can only see A**le fanboy's buying this, I don't see it as competition to the Nexus 7 as I don't see the Kindle Fire HD as competition unless you buy into or are already bought into the whole Amazon or iTunes ecosystems respectively.

And a word to the wise for all Apple fans frequenting an Android forum, while as a Mod I do not condone name calling you have to realise that Android fans have been slated by A**le fans for years. The forum isn't the norm because it's unusual for Android fans to come into contact with A**le fans on the same forum, this will obviously result in disagreements and arguments. It's common place in many walks of life for followers of opposing sides to bicker, name call and even fight in what they believe in whether it be religion, sport or something else. When people feel passionate they react, it's life.

Be warned though I am an Android fan and will always fall on the side of the droid but I will not tolerate malicious behaviour or trolling on either side so please keep this to a dull roar.

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 03:13:19 PM »
Truth be known, A$#le is a swear in my house also.  I don't even like the fruit.
Droid OG (Retired), Droid 2 (Retired), Droid 3(Retired), Droid X (Retired), Droid X2 (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked, Undervoltaged), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Stock)
Nexus 7 (Unlocked, Rooted, Undervoltaged)
Please click "Thumbs up" if somebody posts something helpf

Offline Scott99

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 04:02:25 PM »
I think you meant 'resent'.

The "I resemble that remark" is a very OLD joke, probably too Old for this crowd. Having just turned 50,  I shouldn't have used the joke. I believe it was created by the 3 Stooges.

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 04:08:25 PM »
I believe it was Moe who said that all of the time.  I'm 35, and love all of the Stooges.  Well, not Shemp and Curly Joe....
Droid OG (Retired), Droid 2 (Retired), Droid 3(Retired), Droid X (Retired), Droid X2 (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked, Undervoltaged), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Stock)

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 05:07:01 PM »
Satire is kind of like irony, except brassier and not as steely.

I try not to patronize any company whos business model is geared toward maximizing investor return.
Imagine a proprietary system where you had to buy tires, oil and gas from a car dealership.

I do have an iPod in my car in lieu of a CD changer, but have never installed iTunes or iAnything.
Mediamonkey works for me.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 05:12:08 PM »
Curly, if I am not mistaken, used, "I resemble that". Also, "The Three Stooges" were Moe, Larry, and Curly, there was also Moe, Shemp, and Curly.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 05:14:07 PM by S.Prime »
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 06:33:49 PM »
You're half right Prime, it was Curly who "resembled" the remark, but there were six Stooges in total.
Moe
Larry
Curly
Shemp
Joe Besser
Curly Joe

The last three being complete crap.  I've attached the Three Stooges website for all of us to enjoy.  I have based a majority of my adult life on some of the teaches of these guys.  Nuk, nuk, nuk.....

http://www.threestooges.com

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 08:08:14 PM »
In chronology, is Larry or Shemp the oldest?
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman