2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Vs. The Competition

IPad mini comparisons?

(1/2) > >>

fxsarge:
I'm very surprised that no one has really mentioned anything about the iPad mini or a comparison or anything so I'll be the first and hopefully this will help people on the fence...

What an overpriced piece of garbage! I mean come on! Their just using old iPhone parts.  The screen is crap with a poor resolution and a lower pixel per inch which means its not as bright as the nexus 7 and with the the new pricing hopefully coming it 130 dollars more for a slower tablet with a worse screen. What garbage! And for all the people who got mad at Google for charging 50 dollars more to double the memory look at apple! Its one hundred dollars! What's up with that?

As you can see I'm less with thrilled with iPad mini but I hate apple. Chime in if you guys feel other wise.

wpb1960:
From what I have read, most are very displeased with the iPad Mini and its lack of features. Way to high priced and IMHO no competition.

Tiny:
I'm old enough to have learned not to pay much attention to the Apple/Windows/Android/Linux etc. comparisons.  The discussions usually turn into flame wars which aren't worth my time or effort.  I like the N7 and others like the iPad.  I've got better maps and they've got a better screen.  So what?

For the same reason, I mostly stay out of the political stuff, the Canon/Sony debates, the white or wheat bread, etc.

For the members who in the future will link this post in rebuttal to something I've said, please notice that I've said "mostly" and usually.

Scott99:

--- Quote from: Tiny on October 25, 2012, 10:36:20 AM ---I'm old enough to have learned not to pay much attention to the Apple/Windows/Android/Linux etc. comparisons.  The discussions usually turn into flame wars which aren't worth my time or effort.  I like the N7 and others like the iPad.  I've got better maps and they've got a better screen.   So what?

For the same reason, I mostly stay out of the political stuff, the Canon/Sony debates, the white or wheat bread, etc.

For the members who in the future will link this post in rebuttal to something I've said, please notice that I've said "mostly" and usually.

--- End quote ---

When it comes to iPad mini vs Nexus 7, the iPad mini does not have a better screen. In fact, the Nexus 7 has the iPad mini beat in every respect, except the camera in the back of the iPad mini. I was very underwhelmed with Apple's announcement the other day on the iPad mini. And that says a lot, because I like Apple's products (the iPhone specifically).

cliff5550:
Every spec comparison I've read has the Nexus 7 hammering the mini ipad. I agree, very underwhelmed.
But, they'll still sell millions because of their promotions, brand, and the fact that millions will never, ever check the comparisons with what's already out there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version