March 29, 2024, 07:17:50 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Why You Shouldn't Use a Task Killer  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
Why You Shouldn't Use a Task Killer
« on: October 25, 2012, 10:12:41 AM »
This subject has been mentioned in the comments of a few (6) posts on the forums.

The How-To Geek blog has one of the clearest task killer posts I've read.  Why You Shouldn’t Use a Task Killer On Android must be true, because I found it on the internet.

I personally think this is the best quote from the article:  "CyanogenMod, the popular community-developed Android ROM, won’t even accept bug reports from users using task killers, saying that they cause more problems than they solve."

I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

JayJ

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use a Task Killer
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 04:45:41 PM »
I have posted this before but I'll reiterate my opinion...

Firstly Android isn't like Windows, it doesn't need free RAM to start tasks or application because it will borrow the needed RAM from somewhere else. Android is very good at managing itself, more recent versions of Android have hugely improved on this in the last year or so.

People generally use TaskKillers because they believe they save battery, this is false. In actual fact they probably do more harm than good, think of it like this...

When it comes to those applications like Maps that start on their own, people usually set a TaskKiller to auto killer those applications. So the TaskKiller kills the app but Android restarts it, the TaskKiller kills it, Android restarts it, TaskKiller kills it, Android restarts it......and so on....and so on....

What do you think that does to your battery??

This is my take on the whole TaskKiller thing, I'll read your link once I've finished this post. If you want proof that this is my feelings on the whole TaskKiller thing, search the forum, I've posted similar before...

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman