March 28, 2024, 02:01:39 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 10 Guide Shows Up Ahead Of Next Monday's Rumored Introduction  (Read 2487 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

Well what do we have here?  A couple of leaked photos of a Nexus 10 Quick Start Guide, that's what.  These photos, from a korean site called SEEK.co.kr appear to show the cover and a couple of pages from the rumored 10.1 inch Google tablet.  Now apart from some standard goodies like a rear camera, micro USB and HDMI and other ports and sensors you'd expect to see on a 10 inch Android tablet there's not much more info.  Rumor has it that this new device will sport an amazing 2560 x 1600 screen resolution featuring over 300 ppi, which should outgun the 'New iPad' in the screen specs war.  I've also heard mention of an Exynos processor which would make sense since Samsung is the manufacturer.

Now just because these pics have leaked it's no certainty that the actual device will be introduced this company Monday, although we wouldn't be surprised if it is. In fact we can't really say for certain that these pictures are real, although they look pretty legit to us.  So what say you?  Excited about the prospect of a big brother to the Nexus 7...or unnecessary?  Would you buy one?

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline ibm650

• Popularity: -5
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 10 Guide Shows Up Ahead Of Next Monday's Rumored Introduction
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:28:37 PM »
Again no micro sd port, it will be harder to explain a 10 inch tablet without one.  But we will see. 

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 03:39:49 PM »
There is always the possibility of an internal sd-card slot as there is on my Galaxy Slll and as there was on my HTC Flyer 7" tablet.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Nexus 10 Guide Shows Up Ahead Of Next Monday's Rumored Introduction
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 04:42:38 PM »
Again no micro sd port, it will be harder to explain a 10 inch tablet without one.  But we will see.
Why? What does the screen size have to do with anything except a little higher cost?

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 04:59:47 PM »
Not really.  It's not about cost.  The reason Google won't include a MicroSD is the same reason Apple doesn't on the iPad.  It's because they want to encourage owners to use the Google Play Store for their content and also to encourage users to use their Google Drive service...which they hope will turn into recurring revenues if people need more storage

Making it too easy to sideload apps would undercut that.   Now they know of course that the truly tenacious will figure out workarounds to buy apps and other content from other sources.   But for 90% of owners that don't want to hassle with rooting and hacks or even changing some settings...they know many will just use the Google Play Store.  Long term that's how they want to make money to justify the lower price they are offering the tablet at.   If they didn't have that strategy they probably would have priced the Nexus 7 at $299 instead of $199 and I think we'll see the Nexus 10 also come in at a little more competitive than other 10.1 inch tablets.  At least I hope so.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman