March 28, 2024, 02:42:55 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Spoiled by the Nexus 7 Price?  (Read 1249 times)

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Spoiled by the Nexus 7 Price?
« on: October 28, 2012, 07:35:30 AM »
I paid $600 US for my first two tablets and then $249 for my Nexus 7. I am looking at the Samsung Windows 8 tablet priced at $599.99 in the Staples' flyer and honestly cannot see myself paying that for a tablet again, considering my satisfaction level with the Nexus 7. Certainly we give up an sdcard slot and some other features to allow Google some marketing leverage, but considering the rate that we see tablets evolving, it is much easier to accept that your buy in point was only $250, when you could be eyeing the new model in less than 12 months.

Your thoughts and comments.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:37:22 AM by S.Prime »

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline strollin

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Spoiled by the Nexus 7 Price?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 07:41:47 AM »
I always thought tablets were way too expensive for what you got so I didn't jump on the tablet bandwagon until the Kindle Fire first hit the market at $200.  Since then I have purchased the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and
the Nexus 7 and am very satisfied with both.  At  $600+, I'm no longer in the tablet market, for that much money I'd prefer to buy a netbook or laptop.

Offline ibm650

• Popularity: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 07:45:34 AM »
It is the giving up of the sd that kills me, I travel where there is no or slow wifi.  Changing cards to do new sets of movies is a very important option, that and easily looking at my pictures as  I am also a photographer.  The otg cable is a real pain and not very portable.  It would be nice if someone made a case with a very flexible otg that was integrated.

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 09:21:43 AM »
I think that Google revolutionized the digital electronics market with the price point of this device.  If/when a 3G/4G model comes out, how much more would they up the price? I think we might see it debut for under $300.  Many people might skip buying a handset and laptop alltogether and stick with the 7" form factor.  Why pay full retail for a laptop ($600+) and phone ($500+) when you can get the functionality of them both in one device for at least a quarter of the cost?  We might see prices of other devices start to plummet just to compete with the awesomeness of this device. 

Offline cypher

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 11:30:28 AM »
I never even considered a tablet until I saw the specs and price of the Nexus 7. What you get for the price is a great value while still getting a lot of power. And the features that you have to give up, to me, are some that I am OK with. A rear facing camera, I have a phone with a camera, SD card slot, I prioritize that apps and storage that I need when I am not in a wifi area, also when I am in on I have Google drive, drop box, and so on for extra storage. And knowing that I only spent 250 on this just makes me feel a lot better about getting the next version at some point.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman