April 18, 2024, 03:44:28 PM

collapse

Author Topic: PC Windows 7  (Read 4142 times)

Offline eengbrec

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
PC Windows 7
« on: December 18, 2012, 05:12:49 PM »
Why is it that when I transfer an audio album from my PC to the Nexus using the USB cable and Windows Explorer, it apparently moves the data but it comes up with an error message when I want to play the album on the Nexus 7?

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: PC Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 05:18:50 PM »
There could be several reasons.  First, are you sure the audio is in a format that can be played on the Nexus 7 and are you using the correct app to play it?  Also, are you moving it to the right folder on your Nexus 7 to access it with said app?
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline eengbrec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 05:44:05 PM »
I didn't know it would be this difficult

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 09:11:31 PM »
If your audio files have a mp3 or mp4 file extension it should be no problem with mx player at Google Play, if you are trying to play wma's you have to WinAmp or an app that supports them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 10:00:47 PM »
Why are you transferring music this way? What do you play music with? If you use the Google player (which I recommend) your going about putting music on your tablet the wrong way.

A much faster and easier way is to download Google music manger (its from Google and is 100% safe) and it uploads your entire library to the Google cloud. After it uploads everything for the first time it will only upload any new music you get after that.  You can also select certain folders.

After that you sync your Google music app and all your music will be there. You can either store the music or choose to download any of it to your internal storage for offline listening. Its really neat the way it all works and the nest part is that its free. It allows you to easily choose what music you want to keep on your tablet when you have memory concerns without a bunch or connecting and unconneting with your computer.

I'm just offering an alternative.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 11:59:06 PM »
What is the error message. When you say transfer an audio Album, what exactly do you mean by that. When I think album I think vinyl. I'm old.
Please let us know what format the music files are and where are  you dragging them. By the way, an app like Power Amp scan your system and make a list of all your music. You might want to try that as well. It is easiest for me to put my music in the Music folder so I know where it is if I need to.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 12:03:43 AM by bjs229 »

JayJ

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 12:38:55 AM »
There's nothing more I can add really other than I've had no problems adding Music to my N7 using my HP Win7 laptop...

Offline ddooley

• View Profile
Re: Re: PC Windows 7
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 07:20:09 PM »
Why are you transferring music this way? What do you play music with? If you use the Google player (which I recommend) your going about putting music on your tablet the wrong way.

A much faster and easier way is to download Google music manger (its from Google and is 100% safe) and it uploads your entire library to the Google cloud. After it uploads everything for the first time it will only upload any new music you get after that.  You can also select certain folders.

After that you sync your Google music app and all your music will be there. You can either store the music or choose to download any of it to your internal storage for offline listening. Its really neat the way it all works and the nest part is that its free. It allows you to easily choose what music you want to keep on your tablet when you have memory concerns without a bunch or connecting and unconneting with your computer.

I'm just offering an alternative.

Good idea however severely limited in storage and doesn't support lossless, only mp3. Plus letting Google have access to my 2tb music collection doesn't sound like a good idea.

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 08:38:29 PM »
Google Play Music allows 20,000 songs to be uploaded by each google account. That's not exactly what I would call limited storage.  You could potentially use alternate google accounts, set up alternate users on your Nexus, and have an additional 20,000 tracks.  Or purchase additional storage....

What would be your concerns with allowing Google access to your music library?

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 08:40:51 PM »
20,000 songs...that's 800 years in prison and a 50 million dollar fine for a lot of people.

Offline Bigtroutz

• Popularity: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 09:33:01 PM »
20,000 songs...that's 800 years in prison and a 50 million dollar fine for a lot of people.

LOL.  FTW

I see nothing wrong with filling whatever microSDHC memory chips I need and carrying them with me in a credit card size holder.  Then I have whatever portion of my music library with me and available no matter if I have WiFi access or not and use no internal storage N7 whatever.

http://www.amazon.com/elago-Mobile-microSDHC-Memory-Reader/dp/B002HGFKR8/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357529762&sr=8-1-spell
http://www.amazon.com/DiMeCard-micro8-microSD-Memory-writable/dp/B005SPQ8XK/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357529851&sr=1-2
http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Micro-Female-Male-Adaptor/dp/B0023FTRUO/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357530046&sr=1-3

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:41:29 PM by Bigtroutz »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts