March 28, 2024, 08:06:52 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Not happy with Nexus 7 proposed new pricing.  (Read 2963 times)

Offline comiskeybum

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Not happy with Nexus 7 proposed new pricing.
« on: October 28, 2012, 08:59:24 PM »
32GB for $250 and the 16GB drops to $200. I'm beyond pissed right now that this is how we've been treated.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 11:43:58 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Not happy with Nexus 7 proposed new pricing.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 09:14:08 PM »
Your just blowing smoke. It sucks a little bit but its noting compared to owning an Asus transformer and how boned they been getting since the transformer prime. I'm not mad over fifty lousy bucks.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 11:44:17 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Offline comiskeybum

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 09:25:33 PM »
It still sucks. Luckily for my own sanity 16GB is fine for my tablet. Phone? Not so much.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 11:44:35 PM by Babyfacemagee »
Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 10:17:17 PM »
I am still happy with my 16 @ 250. Minus 25 in free apps and a head start on anyone buying one from here. I remember when a 333 mhz processor was the big daddy and a system was close to 3K. Three months later it was a biotch. That's just the way it works. I can't complain too much about the speed of technology when talking about 50 bucks and a machine and operating system that was just updated a few weeks ago.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 11:44:54 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 11:52:15 PM »
I've changed the title of this thread because the original title violated our forum guidelines.   Please no vulgarity or 'bashing' allowed.  If you're unhappy with something you can state it in a more measured way...as i've rephrased it.

Now concerning the issue of the 16GB being dropped to $199.   This has been covered ad nauseum on this forum.  Technology is a very fast moving product type and it's the nature of buying technology products that prices quickly drop and new versions always come out, sometimes in a matter of just months.  You see this in phones, tablets, computers...just about any mobile or computing product.   Look how Apple just came out with the '4th' generation iPad only 6 months after the 3rd generation and that's a product that is 2x or 3x the price of the Nexus 7.   The reality is that no matter when you buy a product in a quickly maturing technology such as tablets...you're ALWAYS going to see a cheaper, better version come out in just a matter of months.   It's the nature of the way things are with the competition and fast moving improvements in the industry.   

But just keep in mind that if you wait forever to buy a product then you're missing out on the enjoyment of its use for the time you wait.   Also, as an early adopter you get to be on the cutting edge and help support the product/brand.   Personally, I like to have the cutting edge and I fully expect any technology purchase I make to last maybe a year of usefulness and then upgrade.   A year ago I bought a ThinkPad Tablet...which is now discontinued...and now A nexus 7...and I'll probably get a Nexus 10 as well.   Next year when  a new Nexus 7 comes out with more memory and a higher resolution screen...i'll probably buy that too and sell my old one. 

This constant upgrade cycle is something you just have to figure in being an early adopter for a new category of devices such as tablet computers.   So rather than be 'angry' at Google...you should be happy that they are pushing to stay competitive with Apple and other tablet makers out there.   I enjoy supporting Android in their fight against iOS and Windows and I'd rather see them push the envelope than be stagnant.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:57:24 AM by Babyfacemagee »
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 01:07:36 AM »
^^^ We old timers in the computer world spent a lot more for computing power.  My dad paid $5000 for his first home computer.  Its 40k floppy disk drives were much bigger than a Nexus 7, and cost $500 apiece in 1976.  I paid 150% of my N7's price for a 20 mb hard drive a decade later.
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 08:15:23 AM »
Moore's law: computing power and technology will double every 18 months.
Since the hardware inside the N7 is already almost a year old, it's technically already over the hill. We're going to see the guts in knockoff China cheapos by summer!

Offline mwbritt

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 02:35:01 PM »
I want to buy a new N7 (32g).  Has anyone seen any promo codes or discount codes?  I usually buy from newegg but haven't seen any codes.  I don't want to buy from anyone that has a presence in nc so I can avoid. the tax.  I assume that the new n7s are shipping so I would like to place my order by this evening.

Thanks in advance

Offline cliff5550

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 04:57:12 PM »
Haven't seen the 32GB locally but I bought my 16GB Nexus 7 at my local WalMart this morning for $199.

Offline mwbritt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 12:02:20 AM »
 ;) ;D :) :P :P

My N7 32g is being packed as we speak!  It should be here by Thursday.  weeeeeee!

;D :D ;) :) :P

Offline Bkp

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 12:33:10 AM »
$225 for my 16GB, if you include the Play credit.
Been packing it full of apps for a month, and still have 12GB left.
Buyer's remorse is overrated. I couldn't be happier...

In a year I'll spring for my 64GB, retina display version, with its nVidia VGX GPU, and multi - biometric interfaces, for $150...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 12:42:40 AM by Bkp »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts