Nexus 7 International Forums > UK Dedicated Nexus 7 Forum (Great Britain, Northern Ireland and Region)

Nexus 7, Google Playstore - "This app is incompatible with your device ...."

(1/2) > >>

rjmartin:
Hey Everyone :)

I'm new here - I found this forum via Google. I bought a Google Nexus 7 tablet last week for HMV & so far I am loving it!

My problem though is that when attempting to download quite a few apps via Google Playstore I am getting this message "this app is incompatible with your device" - some apps I have had this problem so far with include:

Amazon (I have since downloaded it via the Amazon app store however)
ITV Player
Sky Go
WhatsApp

There are quite a few more too but those are the most high profile ones I can think of. I was just wondering why this is? Is it just my tablet (is there something I need to do to enable me to download these apps) or is it a general thing?

Any help would be most appreciated :)

Cheers, Rob

birdastrompgman:
Welcome.  It looks like you're exceeding the capabilities of the N7.

It looks like itv is incompatible because it relies on Adobe Flash, which isn't available on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) which is the N7 OS.

My guess is whatsapp is incompatible because the N7 doesn't have phone capability.

I can't find sky go, so don't know what its problem is.

The N7 is still new, and many apps are being rewritten to support the N7.  Be patient, and understand the limitations of a $200 tablet.

Babyfacemagee:
You can install flash on the n7.  Please do a search for our flash guide.  It's located as a sticky in the rootboard.

birdastrompgman:
I have Flash installed on my N7. It doesn't fix the problem that itv apps won't download to N7s.  Once the Google Play Store or Amazon Apps store see it's a Nexus 7 on the downloading end, they won't allow it.  I guess the OP can try sideloading an itv app, and tell us if it works.

bjs229:
Flash sometimes has nothing to do with it. There are still apps that haven't caught up to Jellybean and some devices.
Some games for instance run better or not at all according to some processing /hardware configuration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version