March 28, 2024, 07:39:56 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Up To The Hilt....  (Read 1646 times)

Offline tfman

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Up To The Hilt....
« on: October 30, 2012, 04:25:34 PM »
after just four weeks I have fillled up my 16 GB N7.

Just under 500 MB left.

My question. The thing has been getting a bit laggy in last couple of days. Not badly
just every now and again. Is the reason that I have used up 97 % of the space on my N7?

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Up To The Hilt....
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 04:34:24 PM »
Yes, there is a known issue with the N7 becoming laggy when it has only a meg or 3 left of free space.  There's a front page article about it if you look a few weeks back.  There's a discussion about it to so you can add to that one if you want.  We've expected that Google would issue some kind of fix but maybe it'll just be part of the Android 4.2 update when it comes.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

JayJ

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 05:08:09 PM »
I thought this had been sorted as of 4.1.2, I was down to just over a gig the other day and suffered zero lag...

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »
I thought so too. I saw a write up on it. You may have to fill the space,  then empty it. When you fill it back up, no lag...

Offline tfman

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 03:27:11 AM »
Thanks the info guys.

Just found my downloaded free movie Transformers was taking
up 3gb, so getting rid of that has released a lot of space.

Still on  a learning curve, planning to do a factory reset after two months and then
treat it carefully and with the respect you have taught me to get the
very best out of it-

JayJ

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 03:48:55 AM »
I love Android but Google don't believe in file management as they want Android to be user friendly, personally I think this is ridiculous as I have memory management OCD and a file explorer is important to me especially on a device with such limited storage.
If uninstalled apps didn't leave folders behind and app caches were cleaned by the apps themselves then maybe Android could be used without a file manager but for now I will go against Google, use a file manager/explorer myself and suggest to others they do the same, it's the only way to keep a limit storage device like the Nexus 7 clear of unwanted storage hogging clutter.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman