March 28, 2024, 05:35:58 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Greetings from a first-time tablet owner from Tennessee  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Puce Moose

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Greetings from a first-time tablet owner from Tennessee
« on: July 12, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

The Nexus 7 will be my first tablet. I first became interested in owning a tablet after using my girlfriend's 10.1 Acer Iconia tablet. I read a couple of books on it (pleasantly surprised at the cheap book prices on a few titles I was interested on the Nook & Kindle stores), and had a great time using emulators to play some NES games. Even better, I discovered that I could use my wireless XBOX 360 controller via a PC-wireless connector on the Acer to play the games with a regular gamepad.

I'm hoping to using my Nexus 7 to play to play a lot of the 8/16 bit games I remember fondly from junior high (I hope the 360 wireless controller works with the Nexus's micro-USB + OTG cable), and catch up on some reading.

I pre-ordered an 8GB model from Google's store and am eagerly awaiting (as I'm sure many of you are) a shipment notification.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from a first-time tablet owner from Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 07:13:18 PM »
Welcome Puce Moose! Yes, there's a bunch of cool emulators for Android.  Not only for Super NES games but for PSX, Sega Genesis, original Atari and more!  feel free to start a discussion on game emulators in the Games Board if you like.  Congrats on ordering the Nexus 7...nice to have you in the forum.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 07:41:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum Puce Moose. I am sure you will enjoy your first tablet experience.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Puce Moose

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 08:49:25 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome! Once I get that Nexus 7 in my greedy little hands I'll definitely post some emulator impressions/experiences, including controller compatibility (I have a wireless-360-controller-to-PC adapter I'll be checking, and likely a Wii classic controller-to-USB soon.)

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 07:37:04 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome! Once I get that Nexus 7 in my greedy little hands I'll definitely post some emulator impressions/experiences, including controller compatibility (I have a wireless-360-controller-to-PC adapter I'll be checking, and likely a Wii classic controller-to-USB soon.)

Cool!  What a fun way to use the tablet! I'm anxious to hear your reviews when your N7 arrives :)  I only have a Wii, but it'll be neat to see if I can use the N7 as some sort of interface, even if just as a keyboard since it's freakin' grueling trying to type with the Wii controller.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman