March 28, 2024, 04:48:33 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Tablets 'In Stock' At Multiple Locations: Waiting For Official Release  (Read 3882 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

It seems the release of the Nexus 7 Tablet to consumers is imminent with multiple stores reporting that they have the new 7 inch Google/Asus tablets 'In Stock'.  Multiple tech sites and individuals across the web (some in this forum) have made calls to such stores as GameStop, ABT, B&H Photo, Adorama, EBuyer and more and told that while they have the Nexus 7 in stock at the moment that Google has asked that a hold on the tablets be placed until it gives the official word to go ahead and ship or sell.  When exactly this release will come is up for some debate with estimates ranging from as soon as tomorrow up to the 19th or so.   Most likely this is to ensure that those customers that pre-ordered from the Google Play store receive their orders either first or simultaneously with the release at retail. 

Here are some of the retailers currently either having Nexus 7 Tablet 'in stock' at the moment or that will imminently.

Office Depot
Adorama
ABT
eBuyer
GameStop (pre-orders only)

Of course most major retail chains as Staples and Office Depot will also be selling the Nexus 7 in-store, but it might take a few days or weeks before pre-orders are filled and they have stock to sell to walk-in customers.  Also...remember that all locations except the Google Play store sell the 16GB version priced at $249.  If you want the 8GB version at $199 you'll have to purchase through Play.Google.Com

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Yeah, the two different local Gamestops that I called both said that their 'first wave' shipment had all been reserved and that now they were taking reservations (today being the last day) for the 'second wave' which should be shipping in August... Glad I pre-ordered!
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline comiskeybum

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
I am going to be VERY dissapointed if we dont hear something today. 

One would think that Google would like to start selling these things this weekend seeing as how so many places have them sitting in the stockroom ready to go. 

I work in retail and let me tell you that my company would be very upset to simply have something sitting in the stockroom ready to make money. 

I agree that google is trying to have pre-orders on doorsteps the same day as retail store release, lets just hope that day is tomorrow or saturday because im sick of waiting. 
Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee