March 29, 2024, 06:06:28 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Is there interest here among members to start a new Nexus 4 Forum of our own?  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
I have a question for you guys.  Are there enough members here that would be interested in starting our own Nexus 4 Forum?   Obviously, the Nexus7Forum.com has turned into a great site I think and as you probably know I also started Nexus10Forum.net recently which is starting to grow as well.  Now there are a number of Nexus 4 forums that already have been created of course by other companies/people but if the members of this forum would participate I'd be willing to start a new one that we could build together and customize to our needs/wants.   I've secured the domain Nexus4Forum.org for that purpose (it's the last decent Nexus4Forum domain available since the .com/.nets are gone) so I'd love to get some feedback from all of you to see if there are enough people planning to purchase a Nexus 4 and that would like to build our own community around it.   What are your thoughts?

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

JayJ

I'm in, I'll be ordering my N4 on Tuesday as soon as it's available so if you need a moderator for the new forum I'm in BFM.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
I will be in the Nexus 10 forum and around here. I quit Sprint after 10 plus years and am on a pre paid plan and that usually means pre paying over 500 for a premium phone. I have other fish to fry.

JayJ

The phone is extremely cheap, hence me getting one. I think in the US the 16GB Nexus 4 direct from GP is £350 USD, here in the UK from GP they are £239 & £279 respectively for the 8 & 16GB versions.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I think it's going to be a very big seller...probably only second to the Galaxy S3.   I'm leaning strongly towards starting a forum for it...it would be my first 'phone' forum.  My others have all been for tablets.  I just would like to gauge if there's other members that plan on getting an Nexus 4 before I put the work in to setup/build the forum.  I appreciate the offer of help in moderation JayJ.  I may take you up on that. :)
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Can't you combine the Nexus 4, 7 and 10 device forums into 1 forum.

Just my thoughts :)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Theoretically yes, but in my experience dedicated device forums tend to do better and people prefer them.   It's also better for search engine ranking purposes to have individual forums with domain names that reflect specific products.   At this point since all of our posts and topics (thousands of them) are all indexed on Nexus7Forum.com it wouldn't be smart to change it to another domain and many buyers really like having a dedicated forum for one device because it let's them avoid news and information on other devices they don't have and aren't interested in.   

Overall, a dedicated device form works better for most in my experience.  People tend to not want to hunt for news and info about one of several different devices in a forum.  They like having one place that's all about their device.   Hence I think three forums...one for the N7, one for the N10 and one for the N4 is the way to go.  For those that have more than one...they can join each forum for each device they have.   They can also discuss general stuff in 'The Lounge' but it's better to keep all the technical stuff and help/discussion topics about other devices on their dedicated forums.   
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:13:40 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
OK, fair point.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee