March 28, 2024, 06:22:22 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Handango.com  (Read 1228 times)

Offline NEXUSBOX

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Handango.com
« on: November 12, 2012, 06:10:14 AM »
Hi

Somehow a shortcut named Droid Social which directs you to Handango.com is on my Nexus 7 and i cant get it off?

There is nothing in the Applications folder and AirPush can only find Flash player as been the culprit??

Any advise on how to find the Droid Social / Handango.com file so i can remove it please?

I've dowloaded a free Chess game and battery check from Google play and i think this got onto my Nexus 7 then?

Thank you for your help.

JayJ

Re: Handango.com
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 06:16:43 AM »
Probably the battery application, wouldn't be the first to be malicious.
Uninstall the recent applications, starting with the battery one and see if it disappears.

Offline NEXUSBOX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 06:24:06 AM »
Hi

Thank you , i think you may be correct . The battery app asked me to rate it this morning which i did and then after that i noticed the new application which i never knowingly downloaded was on my Nexus 7.

I've searched the problem on Google and noticed that others too have had the same problem on other Android devices ie telephones etc. They are also struggling to get it off their device.

JayJ

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 10:57:56 AM »
It's usually a case of retracing your steps with recently installed applications, start with the most recent and work your way back until you discover the culprit.

Offline Gunner6101

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 11:06:45 AM »
I would submit a complaint against the developers for that I always do if that happens to me I those kind of devs that force install other apps on top of others without asking are scumbags

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman