April 26, 2024, 01:49:15 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Android 4.2 Rolls Out To Nexus 7: Multiuser Support, Photosphere and More!  (Read 12285 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Android 4.2 Rolls Out To Nexus 7: Multiuser Support, Photosphere and More!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 07:10:43 PM »
I think it has to do with the fact it has no rear camera or built-in camera app.  Try downloading a camera app and you should be able to use the front camera...although the resolution won't be so hot.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

JayJ

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 08:14:41 PM »
Just discovered something more about Miracast, from what I see in this video of the Nexus 4 there are specific settings for Miracast or Wireless display on the device both in Settings and the quick settings once Wireless display has been enabled.
This would suggest to me that the Nexus 7 DOES NOT support Miracast!

Check around 3 minutes 14 seconds for the very short mention of Miracast or Wireless display.

Hope I'm wrong here...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:48:03 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Offline little duck

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 04:02:41 AM »
What a mess! I had to get rid of 3 apps as they stopped working. 2 I can do without, but BBC Media Player I will miss. On tapping BBC Media Player, I get the BBC iPlayer screen and an invitation to download, but when I try, I get the message about not being supported on the device. Very disappointing. As for photosphere, it's really elusive, I'v even looked under the cushions on the sofa but I still can't find it.  ;D

Offline chaikenj

• Popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 11:25:41 AM »
Does anybody have an explanation of multi-user?  Does each user have to have a Google account? Are apps shared? Where to you get an option to say who you are?

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 12:03:12 PM »
Yes, it is recommended that each user has an individual Google account. Apps are not shared. You can change there user from the lock screen or from the right pulldown menu. A user can be created from menu > settings > users.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Offline fschutzman

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 04:27:42 PM »
This latest update is crap.  As soon as it finished I started having brightness issues.  The screen will dim, than go black.  If you touch the screen before it dims, it stays on. 

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 04:31:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
Have you checked your brightness settings? Is it on auto? Do you have any widgets that are installed that have control of your brightness settings?
Nah you know what.. I finally got talked into it this f, in thing sucks. I'm done.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:35:00 PM by bjs229 »

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 04:57:58 PM »
I often chuckle at your sarcasm! Its amusing...

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
I often chuckle at your sarcasm! Its amusing...

Thanks brother.

g-girl

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 05:51:55 PM »
Are there normally lots of problems when there is an update? I'm getting nervous about getting one now.

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Are there normally lots of problems when there is an update? I'm getting nervous about getting one now.

There are very few devices with the 4.2 build. The Nexus devices are usually among the first to be updated, but this means that app developers need time to catch up.  Some apps may not function properly at first, but many developers are diligently working to restore compatibility. This should happen within a few days.

Another factor is that the Nexus runs "pure Android." There is no device manufacturer adding their spin on it or ironing out the kinks with the build on their specific device. There is no service provider putting their stamp of approval on the software.  This also means that the device isn't molested by bloatware. The Nexus has the leading edge in the capabilities of the software.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 06:27:14 PM »

The true beauty of the Nexus device is that Google provides the full ROM for every version, so at any point you can revert to a previous version. Personally, I enjoy the excitement of the technology challenge of the version upgrade that is the latest available. Remember that, as loociddreemr stated, the issues are only with app compatibility, which will be corrected quickly by developers. Personally, I have no fear of the Nexus 7.

S.Prime
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

g-girl

There are very few devices with the 4.2 build. The Nexus devices are usually among the first to be updated, but this means that app developers need time to catch up.  Some apps may not function properly at first, but many developers are diligently working to restore compatibility. This should happen within a few days.

Another factor is that the Nexus runs "pure Android." There is no device manufacturer adding their spin on it or ironing out the kinks with the build on their specific device. There is no service provider putting their stamp of approval on the software.  This also means that the device isn't molested by bloatware. The Nexus has the leading edge in the capabilities of the software.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Question, do the apps get updated automatically or do they have to manually be checked?

g-girl

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2012, 11:59:19 AM »

The true beauty of the Nexus device is that Google provides the full ROM for every version, so at any point you can revert to a previous version. Personally, I enjoy the excitement of the technology challenge of the version upgrade that is the latest available. Remember that, as loociddreemr stated, the issues are only with app compatibility, which will be corrected quickly by developers. Personally, I have no fear of the Nexus 7.

S.Prime

That's good to know that it can go back to a previous version. I enjoy the excitement of new technology also but I tend to get slightly obsessed with figuring it out if something goes wrong so knowing what to expect is helpful. Thanks!

JayJ

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2012, 12:02:18 PM »
You'll get a notification when an app has an update, pull the left statusbar down to open notifications and tap to open the Play store to update.
Or if you go to the Play you can set apps to auto update, you need to set this in the Play Store settings.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman