March 29, 2024, 01:04:55 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Wireless Display Adapter for connecting to HDTV  (Read 1572 times)

Offline tallpaul57

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Wireless Display Adapter for connecting to HDTV
« on: November 15, 2012, 09:29:35 AM »
According to the 4.2 release, "Just connect a wireless display adapter to any HDMI-enabled TV to mirror what’s on your screen quickly and easily."   But I can not find which wireless display adapters are supported.  Does anyone know?

Okay, more information. It appears that the wireless display adapter has to support Miracast.  I've yet to find any adapters on https://certifications.wi-fi.org/search_products.php?advanced=1&en  that are certified and shipping. I also can not find where the Nexus 7 has been certified, so .....

I did find one device, PTV3000,   on Newegg that is suppose to support Miracast, but the reviews for the product were not encouraging. Also, on its web site it says "*PTV3000 supports pre-standard compliant Miracastâ„¢ wireless enabled display devices."  What that means I have no idea. If anyone has this product and has tried it with the Nexus 7 it would be great to know if it works okay.

Thanks,

Paul
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 10:50:48 AM by tallpaul57 »

JayJ

Re: Wireless Display Adapter for connecting to HDTV
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 02:26:08 PM »
I would hold back for now because I'm not convinced the N7 supports Miracast, in a video I watched of the Nexus 4 there were clearly Miracast (Wireless display) settings on the Nexus 4 but there are none on the Nexus 7...

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 02:46:36 PM »
There is so much misinformation regarding Miracast, Tegra, and the Nexus 7 that my head is spinning. I don't know what to believe.

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 04:18:34 PM »
I believe it uses wifi to stream to tv. So using internet at the same time is improbable.
No netflix etc to tv. Games and stored movies should work if miracast isn't a chimera.
As far as dongles, my magic 8 ball says the future is unclear.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman