collapse

Author Topic: Greetings from a first-time tablet owner from Tennessee  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Puce Moose

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Greetings from a first-time tablet owner from Tennessee
« on: July 12, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

The Nexus 7 will be my first tablet. I first became interested in owning a tablet after using my girlfriend's 10.1 Acer Iconia tablet. I read a couple of books on it (pleasantly surprised at the cheap book prices on a few titles I was interested on the Nook & Kindle stores), and had a great time using emulators to play some NES games. Even better, I discovered that I could use my wireless XBOX 360 controller via a PC-wireless connector on the Acer to play the games with a regular gamepad.

I'm hoping to using my Nexus 7 to play to play a lot of the 8/16 bit games I remember fondly from junior high (I hope the 360 wireless controller works with the Nexus's micro-USB + OTG cable), and catch up on some reading.

I pre-ordered an 8GB model from Google's store and am eagerly awaiting (as I'm sure many of you are) a shipment notification.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from a first-time tablet owner from Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 07:13:18 PM »
Welcome Puce Moose! Yes, there's a bunch of cool emulators for Android.  Not only for Super NES games but for PSX, Sega Genesis, original Atari and more!  feel free to start a discussion on game emulators in the Games Board if you like.  Congrats on ordering the Nexus 7...nice to have you in the forum.
If you like our community please spread the word and help us grow by providing a link from your site to Nexus7Forum.com

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 07:41:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum Puce Moose. I am sure you will enjoy your first tablet experience.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Puce Moose

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 08:49:25 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome! Once I get that Nexus 7 in my greedy little hands I'll definitely post some emulator impressions/experiences, including controller compatibility (I have a wireless-360-controller-to-PC adapter I'll be checking, and likely a Wii classic controller-to-USB soon.)

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 07:37:04 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome! Once I get that Nexus 7 in my greedy little hands I'll definitely post some emulator impressions/experiences, including controller compatibility (I have a wireless-360-controller-to-PC adapter I'll be checking, and likely a Wii classic controller-to-USB soon.)

Cool!  What a fun way to use the tablet! I'm anxious to hear your reviews when your N7 arrives :)  I only have a Wii, but it'll be neat to see if I can use the N7 as some sort of interface, even if just as a keyboard since it's freakin' grueling trying to type with the Wii controller.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
JayJ JayJ
2100 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1260 Posts
matt matt